Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Where do you sit?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

txbigfoot
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
194 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/02/2009 :  18:07:25  Show Profile
I have pedestal steering and am wondering where every sits while the boat is heeling? I try to sit on my throne, but keep sliding off. Are you forced to sit on the cockpit bench? Sorry for the dumb question.
Dan

Edited by - on

Bob Jack
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
58 Posts

Response Posted - 01/02/2009 :  18:22:19  Show Profile
My hats off to you..I have trouble staying the throne when the boat is not heeling...not to mention how hard it is getting into the head....even under normal conditions

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mhartong
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
152 Posts

Response Posted - 01/02/2009 :  18:49:39  Show Profile  Visit mhartong's Homepage
I sit on the high side cockpit bench and steer by the intermediate lubbers lines. If the boat is heading due north, the intermediate lubbers line will be at 45 Degrees and 315 Degrees. Easy to see, just have to remember to add or subtract 45 degrees for your magnetic course. Also don't forget to account for magnetic variation when first determining course. Bowditch has a good discussion as well as Dutton's Navigation and Piloting; Mark

Edited by - mhartong on 01/02/2009 18:50:24
Go to Top of Page

NUTHRTOY
1st Mate

Members Avatar

26 Posts

Response Posted - 01/02/2009 :  19:03:37  Show Profile
Look in the Tech Tips for entries by Mike Shetter "old BombayII". Find the entry beginning with Captains Seat. this moght work for you.

Nuthrtoy

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

SEAN
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
772 Posts

Response Posted - 01/03/2009 :  06:55:12  Show Profile
I made a hammock ,its pretty comfy

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 01/03/2009 :  11:31:18  Show Profile
I built the this [url="http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15877&SearchTerms=helmsman"]Helmsman's Seat[/url] to sit higher when sailing. I sit on it even when we lean by bracing a leg against a seat or coaming. If things get rough I stand at the helm.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

txbigfoot
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
194 Posts

Response Posted - 01/05/2009 :  23:59:56  Show Profile
Nice job on the hammock! I am a lake sailor so that seems everkill! But definitely an awesome upgrade!
Dan

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 01/06/2009 :  09:01:30  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SEAN</i>
<br />I made a hammock...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Too cool!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

SEAN
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
772 Posts

Response Posted - 01/07/2009 :  11:58:36  Show Profile
Thanks Dave ,

its my sofa with sails ..lol

weres the remote ..for the jib sheet :D

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

SEAN
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
772 Posts

Response Posted - 01/07/2009 :  18:45:01  Show Profile
Hey Dan ,

we have that blue chair from west marine that fits in there nice and steer with one hand

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page