Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 1989 C25 WK Std For Sale - VT -- SOLD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glivs
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
835 Posts

Initially Posted - 06/23/2024 :  04:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Escape is now for sale. Check the link for details and photos. I will post public listings later this week.

She's a great boat and has brought my family joy, solace and many adventures, but life brings change and it is time to move on.

I am greatly indebted to the Association and forum for the lessons learned, shared experiences and suggested upgrades. Unfortunately I have not met any member in person but have deep respect for those who have shared their time or stories these past many years to ensure the success of this organization.

Great Escape is currently on the hard for inspection at the Moorings Marina in Colchester, VT.

If any questions or problems accessing the link to the listing, please contact me.

Gerry Livingston, Malletts Bay, VT
"Great Escape" 1989 C-25 SR/WK #5972

Edited by - glivs on 07/07/2024 04:04:59

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4294 Posts

Response Posted - 06/23/2024 :  15:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, beautiful boat and very well equipped.

You should have no problem selling her quickly.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX
Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3404 Posts

Response Posted - 06/23/2024 :  18:08:33  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent condition - Well maintained!

From the photos, you have two mods that are almost identical to those I installed on my boat many years ago: The BEP 8 Switch Circuit Breaker Panel installed on the galley/sink cabinet panel and the Port Side Bunk Extension. I recall at the time I posted regarding my bunk extension, it was more common for those utilizing a bunk extension to install it on the starboard side or…straddling the space between both the port and starboard seats but those installs block the main cabin areaway. A port side bunk extension, while it can easily be removed, can also be left in place since it does not block the main cabin areaway and it can fit a tall person since the extension does not end at the galley stove cabinet but actually passes in front of it up to the beginning of the companionway steps. Anyway, I enjoyed reviewing your photos, mods and especially those similar to the ones I incorporated!

Larry
'89 Robin's Nest#5820, Potomac River/Quantico, Va
http://catalina25.homestead.com/olarryr.html
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
835 Posts

Response Posted - 06/24/2024 :  05:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gary, Larry.
Thanks for the comments. GE was in much need of TLC when we got her but the amazing thing about gelcoat and teak is that with time and effort they clean up nicely.

And Larry, I fully acknowledge your innovations and your postings here and on your web page. As for the electrical panel, I stumbled upon a damaged package listing on eBay for various boat parts and picked up the BEP panel for a fraction of the list price. And for locating it I liked your assessment... easy access from both the cockpit and the cabin.

As for the port berth, we needed a solution that was fast and easy to set up or take down (no fasteners), the components were easy to store, and of course was comfortable. I simply capitalized on your ideas to check off all the requirements...although we did add a foam topper to up the comfy factor. Admiral approved. I added a new folder to my listing to show the final approach.

Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9043 Posts

Response Posted - 06/24/2024 :  22:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll repeat my opinion that the 1989-91 version of the C-25 could be the best value in a 25' cruising sailboat ever built by anyone. The wing keel makes it eminently trailerable without the maintenance issues of the swing keel, and I have sailed alongside one in a fin keeled C-25, with almost no discernable difference in performance. (No doubt there would be some on a racecourse, but so what?) If I were in the market, I think this one would be gone.

Gerry... What's next?

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 06/24/2024 22:24:56
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
835 Posts

Response Posted - 06/26/2024 :  04:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave.

What's next.....I hope to spend far more time in Seattle with my daughter and grand-daughters (13 and 15). They are growing up far too fast and at my age (75) I can't waste too much time.

Meanwhile I am just starting to work on a cuddy-cabin Tanzer 16...should be ideal for the lazy river bay outside my front door.

Edited by - glivs on 06/26/2024 04:06:10
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9043 Posts

Response Posted - 06/27/2024 :  21:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had an O'Day 17' Daysailer for 21 years before our C-25, and a Sunfish before that. They are all joys in their own ways, and I truly believe the smaller, the more "pure" the sailing. You become a component of the boat--the moveable ballast that greatly affects its balance and performance. (No point in hiking out on a C-25.) And at 79 with a 13 y.o. grandson in Colorado, I get that part, too!

Have a ball! (End of hyjack.)

Dave Bristle

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 06/27/2024 21:09:13
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5307 Posts

Response Posted - 06/29/2024 :  17:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gerry, I understand why it’s time to sell your C-25. It’s truly a beautiful example of a well-found boat. Good luck buddy! Don’t be a stranger, you still have a lot of friends here.
Somebody will be very lucky to have this boat, mention this forum to them.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
835 Posts

Response Posted - 07/07/2024 :  04:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce. I was surprised at the response to my listing. I only advertised in the local Craiglist but received inquiries from VT, NY and CT. C25's apparently are still in demand, at least if well kept.

Great Escape will continue to sail Lake Champlain and I'm quite sure the new owners will take advantage of this forum as they embark on their own adventures.

Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9043 Posts

Response Posted - 07/08/2024 :  20:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done! Congratulations (or condolences)! Have fun with that little Tanzer, and with your grandchildren!

Dave Bristle
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5307 Posts

Response Posted - 07/10/2024 :  16:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! Fair winds, following seas, and teach the kids to sail. We need to replenish the troops!

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

glivs
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
835 Posts

Response Posted - 07/14/2024 :  04:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, Bruce and all....thanks again.

Off topic....had a long conversation with the marina manager this past week on the exponential growth of boating/facilities on Lake Champlain these past few years. Incredible.

Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9043 Posts

Response Posted - 07/15/2024 :  21:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by glivs

..the exponential growth of boating/facilities on Lake Champlain these past few years. Incredible.
The pandemic brought an explosion in boat sales, accompanied by collapsed supply chains for outboard motors, among other things. I talked to some dealers then who had customers with new boats waiting for months for motors. I heard similar issues for buying new sails as well as small outboards for sailboats.

Dave Bristle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page