Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Port Captains
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

JimB517
Past Commodore

Member Avatar

USA
3285 Posts

Initially Posted - 06/12/2009 :  13:50:39  Show Profile  Visit JimB517's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At the officers and staff meeting last night we decided to adopt Ed Spengeman's "Wild Hair" idea and setup Port Captains in each geographical area around the world. The idea is that, if any members find themselves travelling, they can contact the Port Captain at their destination and discuss meeting. The meeting might be a drink at the yacht club or a day sail. This is not meant to be a charter and no financial compensation should be sought or offered.

I'll start. Most of you already know that I am in a suburb of San Diego known as Mission Bay and I'll happily take any <b>member</b> of the Catalina 25/250 and Capri 25 International Association sailing. Lake sailors I hope you come ready for the Pacific Ocean!

jbaumgart 'at' starrstuff.com

I've taken about 10 people sailing over the years and enjoyed every one.

If you are interested in being a port captain, either respond to this thread with your port and your contact information or email me.

We will list the port captains in a special part of this website.

Edited by - on

tinob
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1883 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2009 :  14:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an excellent idea Jim, I'm Val Bisagni, Great South Bay, Long Island, New York. Available at Sunset Harbor Marina, East Patchogue, New York. E-mail Vamp4@aol.com. Retired and ready to go

Val on the hard DAGNABIT, # 3936, Patchogue, N.Y.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

skrenz
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
351 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2009 :  15:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea Jim. I hope it catches on. When I have a home port I'll be glad to be a port captain.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Nautiduck
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3704 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2009 :  16:08:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it aint Mission Bay but I'm happy to be a Port Captain in Eugene, Oregon. We can be a handy stopping point for people traveling up I-5 to the San Juans.

Just use the forum e-mail to contact me.

Edited by - Nautiduck on 07/11/2009 08:15:18
Go to Top of Page

ed_spengeman
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
98 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2009 :  18:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad we're doing this. I think it'l be fun.
Ed spengeman
Indianapolis on a reservoir
Cell: 317.657.1274
Red stripe beer

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Windhover
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
35 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2009 :  21:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Idea! I'd like to volunteer for Port Captain for the Syracuse, NY area. I'm out of Fair Haven, NY on Lake Ontario. Always happy to meet new people and show off our marina and lake!
Tom Fenzl
cell: 315-546-3297
email: tomfenzl@verizon.net

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

DaveR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
2015 Posts

Response Posted - 06/13/2009 :  06:32:35  Show Profile  Visit DaveR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to offer my services as Port Captain for Daytona Beach Florida. cell; 386-852-3166 or email me through the web site.

Edited by - DaveR on 07/11/2009 08:13:25
Go to Top of Page

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 06/13/2009 :  09:51:39  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rita & I offer to represent the Seattle area. Our boat is only a mile or so from I-5, but our house is about 20 miles east of it.

I'm a bit concerned at everyone offering their contact details in the open, this forum is open to anyone including spammers & scammers and freely giving up your phone numbers & emails doesn't seem wise to me. We might want to move this thread into the business forum where you have to be a member to read it, simply for security reasons.

If you need to contact me, use the forum email, it usually works, or write a post, I read the forums every day.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 06/13/2009 :  21:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as you aren't hung up on having sails on a mast, I am available to give association members water-borne tours of the historic Mystic Seaport, Fishers Island Sound, Watch Hill, RI, The Race (hold onto your shoes!), the Groton Sub Base,..... or to have a few drinks and a quick meal at the S&P Oyster Company or Kitchen Little on the Mystic River. E-mail me through the forum.

Edited by - Dave Bristle on 06/13/2009 21:51:09
Go to Top of Page

Steve Blackburn
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
1091 Posts

Response Posted - 06/13/2009 :  21:48:54  Show Profile  Visit Steve Blackburn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll take on Alberta, Canada.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redviking
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1771 Posts

Response Posted - 06/14/2009 :  07:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BRILLIANT! Years ago I once was a member of a motorcycle club for a particular touring bike, and the member directory had it oraginzed by state and then by, offers camping, repair help, conversation, and there might have been a "have a beer category."

I'll volunteer to be the roving Port Captain!

sten
DPO Zephyr C25 SR FK #3220
Lysistrata C&C 39 - On the hook for a wee bit in Fort Matanzas FL

Edited by - redviking on 06/14/2009 07:14:50
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 06/14/2009 :  16:32:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, can we make this a sticky thread?
I'm David Pilcher and I'll sign up for Nashville, TN. Our lake is J. Percy Priest Lake and I've been a member of the yacht club there since 1974. Google Hamilton Creek Marina + Nashville for pics of the facility we call home on the water. It's a city park set-up.
Contact me via forum email.

Edited by - dmpilc on 06/14/2009 16:34:28
Go to Top of Page

frog0911
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1349 Posts

Response Posted - 06/14/2009 :  20:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are ever in northeast Florida just EM the Frog and I sure we can find something to do while you are here.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

aeckhart
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1709 Posts

Response Posted - 06/15/2009 :  11:42:46  Show Profile  Visit aeckhart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Al Eckhart - Northern Michigan/Wisconsin - Houghton, MI - Portage Lake/Lake Superior.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

ruachwrights
Captain

Members Avatar

USA
258 Posts

Response Posted - 06/15/2009 :  12:25:46  Show Profile  Visit ruachwrights's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are at the Norton's Marina and the West Bay Yacht Club out of Greenwich Bay on Narragansett Bay. Closest city is Providence RI, though it's just a hop skip and a jump to Boston. We are within striking range of Pruden's Island, Dutch Harbor, and Newport, RI. We have a young family, though with enough notice, we can usually find a babysitter.

Captain Bristle: We're planning a cruise to Mystic in last week of July or first week of August.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Prospector
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
3159 Posts

Response Posted - 06/15/2009 :  14:38:37  Show Profile  Visit Prospector's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Add me to the list - 1/2 hour East of Toronto, about 3 hours from Niagara Falls. I don't carry a cell phone so contact a day or two in advance is best.

cpotvin 73 at gmail dot com [no spaces, etc.]

Edited by - Prospector on 05/16/2012 12:01:05
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 06/15/2009 :  15:04:05  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim, Great response, as I expected from our gracious members. I have had several members come sail with me on PiSeas II and have also had the opportunity to sail with others in their area. This is a fantastic opportunity to meet your fellow members.
Put me down for Newport Beach, CA- Where it's sunny 360 days a year!
Steve A

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

mhartong
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
152 Posts

Response Posted - 06/16/2009 :  18:10:50  Show Profile  Visit mhartong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will take on Deltaville, VA.
At the mouth of the Rappahannock River on the southern Chesapeake Bay

Edited by - mhartong on 06/16/2009 18:13:34
Go to Top of Page

JohnP
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

1519 Posts

Response Posted - 06/16/2009 :  19:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll do my best to host Association members who visit DC and want to try sailing on the middle part of the Chesapeake north of Annapolis.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

zeil
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
1297 Posts

Response Posted - 06/16/2009 :  22:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we're home we are in Langley, British Columbia, Canada. Although our sailing experience in the Gulf Islands, sailed mostly south of the border, has been limited due to our travel, we would be happy to meet, arrange or assist anyone wherever possible north of the border... including Harrison Lake...
Henk and Johanna Grasmeyer
604-530-0506
hgrasmeyer@uniserve.com

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

AADIVER
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
966 Posts

Response Posted - 06/17/2009 :  13:24:31  Show Profile  Visit AADIVER's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Port Captain of the Navy Yacht Club Long Beach (California), please add me to your list of PC's for Long Beach. Thanks.

Frank Farmer
562-437-3722

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 06/20/2009 :  20:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm 1/2 way between New Haven Harbor and Westport's Saugatuck River in Connecticut, including the Housatonic River and Milford Harbor.

If you're an Association Member and you're ever in town, I be delighted to show around or grab a beer.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 06/24/2009 :  07:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can offer western Lake Erie from Port Clinton, OH, but since I live 3 hours away, I hope that somebody closer o the Toledo/Sanduskey area will jump in too. Email from the forum with advance notice and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Renzo
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
621 Posts

Response Posted - 06/24/2009 :  07:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be glad to serve as a Port Captain for Lake St. Clair, Michigan, and host Association Members who are visiting this popular tourist destination. Email in advance.

Edited by - Renzo on 06/24/2009 07:19:09
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine
Admiral

Members Avatar

830 Posts

Response Posted - 06/25/2009 :  11:51:35  Show Profile  Visit Peregrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="2"><font color="navy">Because I am a freelancer my schedule is chaotic at best so I am reluctant to be a designated "Port Captain".
However if you are coming to Oyster Bay, e-mail me through the forum and I will do my best to "hook-up" if possible or just just give info about the bay, marina and the town.</font id="navy"></font id="size2"></font id="Comic Sans MS">

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

HeelinPatrick
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
102 Posts

Response Posted - 06/25/2009 :  13:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If ever cruisin' Rt. 80, and in Lincoln, Nebraska, drop on by Branched Oak Lake. Email would work good. Always looking for a good excuse to sail, and can talk C25's!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page