Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Mast needed for 2006 Catalina 250 WK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Albanker
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
40 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/27/2023 :  10:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a friend who lost mast in Hurricane for 2006 Catalina 250 WK….anyone have one SW Florida

DavidCrosby
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
229 Posts

Response Posted - 01/27/2023 :  16:40:58  Show Profile  Visit DavidCrosby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would think that if your friend has insurance, then he could get a brand new mast.

My friend was towing his Hunter 260 (on the trailer - mast up) through our sailing club's parking lot and caught a side stay on a tree branch and folded the mast in half. Insurance (Boat US) came out quickly to take a look and paid for a fully rigged new mast. He ordered an exact replacement mast from U.S. Spars in Gainesville, FL. They had the new mast ready to go within a week. The problem was delivery to St. Louis, MO. He would have to wait months until a shipment was headed our way. Instead, he hitched up the empty boat trailer and off he went. The mast was strapped to the trailer and brought home over a weekend.

Sorry for the long story. If there is insurance, then a new mast could be ready quickly. I did just look and U.S. Spars does have masts for a Catalina 250. I can dream up many ways to get a mast moved from A to B.

David Crosby "Small World"
'02 C250 WK #614
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page