Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Outboard motor lifting device
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zeil
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

Canada
1297 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/21/2021 :  19:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Learned something today...

This device helps tilting the outboard more easily

BTW I'm testing and used Flickr to transfer this photo

Henk & Johanna
"Floating", a few off your "barnacles".
"Someday Lady" '95 C250WB #151 ('03 - 2016)
"Sea ya" 30ft Bayliner (04-2018 - 09-2018)
"Mariah" '96 C250WB #191 (05-2019 - 15-05-2023)
"Lady J" '00 C250WK #499 (05-2021 - 09-2022)

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 10/21/2021 :  20:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Henk, that looks like it’ll do the trick! The handle will give you the leverage you need to tilt up your engine.

Just a note, like Scott “Islander”, I use Flickr for photos. Way back in the day, it was an awesome photo-sharing website. After it was purchased by Yahoo! it was still pretty good. A few years back, as Verizon started shedding its digital properties, they sold Flickr to Smugmug. They made changes to the service, added paid tiers and started trimming the features of the free tier, like only allowing you to post X number of new photos per day, etc.

It’s still pretty good for posting and sharing a modest collection, but anyone who wants to post a lot of photos should be aware of their policies.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Edited by - Voyager on 10/21/2021 20:49:35
Go to Top of Page

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 10/23/2021 :  14:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Henk:

You have the right engine to make that work. I tried a similar, if not identical, pull system on my Tohatsu 9.8 and the result was it bent the spring steel release on the front end of the engine so the cover would come off rather than the engine tilt. Mercury and Tohatsu (both made by Tohatsu) use a similar, very easy to bend latch system while Honda, Yamaha, and older OMC/Bombadier Johnson/Evinrude engines have a tougher, more secure cover latch system.

Outboards, like my children when toddlers, never challenge my strength, but I concede that they sure do challenge my leverage!

Peter Bigelow
C-25 TR/FK #2092 Limerick
Rowayton, Ct
Port Captain: Rowayton/Norwalk/Darien CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page