Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Old Sailors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Member Avatar

USA
3758 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/20/2024 :  17:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IIIIIIII'm Back! I'm getting Pearl cleaned up, tweaked, and ready to go after several years nd a few hand surgeries and poor Pearl languishing in storage. Trailer needs some bearing attention and registration, outboard is waiting for a new impeller, but hopefully I'll be on the water in a few weeks. I'll turn 80 this fall and my wife says I have no busines on a sailboat, but she thinks I'm senile anyway.

Dave B. aboard Pearl
1982 TR/SK/Trad. #3399
Lake Erie/Florida Panhandle

Edited by - Dave5041 on 05/20/2024 17:40:57

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9039 Posts

Response Posted - 05/20/2024 :  21:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on being back! 80 comes in November for me... I didn't go over to the Dark Side because of age--it was circumstances. But I'm thinking next spring, as a belated 80th birthday present to my knees and back, I'm letting the yard crew paint the bottom--it involves a lot more contortions under my $+!nkp*+ than under my C-25 sitting way up on its fin keel. In the water, what's the worst that can happen--getting confused and heading for Portugal? (...and when you get there, getting sunk by orcas.)

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5296 Posts

Response Posted - 05/23/2024 :  05:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Dave! There are still a lot of adventures ahead. Good to hear that you’re back.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

JanS48
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
144 Posts

Response Posted - 05/25/2024 :  10:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Dave, I just turned 76 and not exactly in my prime :) I'm planning on sailing til I can't for whatever reason. My dad made it to 99 and when he was 95 we went for a sail from Newport harbor to point Jude - my dad: Captn Jack was ready to sale out to the Block! Soooo if luck is with me I've still got many sailing years ahead. I sure hope you do to.
Be well Dave
Jan

82 C25 SR FK
Sailing out of Newport Harbor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page