Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Profile, Internal Email and Signatures
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

piseas
Former Treasurer

Member Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/01/2011 :  15:36:18  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
We have received many requests on these topics. Once you register, click Profile on the top right. There is an option to edit your profile. Here you can also turn on the Association's internal email which will allow only forum members to send you email.
You can also amend your email address, include a homepage and bio. You can also change your password for the forum only. This has NO effect for the password in the Assn. Members Area. This password is provided to you by the Association. You are NOT able to change it.
Finally it is here where you can create a signature. Be sure to click YES for this option in the 2 boxes provided.
If you want help on how to post a picture, you will need to read, How to Post Photos in the General Forum. Hope this helps.
Steve Auerbach, Treasurer

Previous Owner
PiSeas II
2003 C250 WK #692
Newport Beach, CA

Edited by - on

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 09/01/2011 :  17:43:16  Show Profile
Steve: What happened to all the images, including in the thread about posting images? (I'm using Chrome. I see images in the other threads.)

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 09/01/2011 17:44:21
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 09/02/2011 :  13:52:32  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
Dave, great question. I just copied the info to make a new topic. I am checking with Paul. It might be due to archiving.Those posts are 2003. I will get back to you.
Steve A

Edited by - piseas on 09/02/2011 13:53:54
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 09/03/2011 :  07:41:43  Show Profile
I'm not worried about it--just pointing it out...

Did you perhaps copy the post as it appears, or did you use something like "reply with quote" to pick up the tags and URLs? The former probably won't work.

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 09/03/2011 07:43:41
Go to Top of Page

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 09/03/2011 :  10:18:49  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
Something else you guys might look into if you have the inclination is to add the
tags to our implementation. The code sections don't expand tags, so you can simply type a signature example and it shows up exactly as you typed it. It makes it a whole lot easier to explain to someone when they can just cut & paste out of the code section for making their signatures, enclosing photos, etc.

Not sure is Snitz is capable, but if it is, the code tags are pretty handy. I use them a lot on other forums when trying to explain something, or even more often when I'm copying an example for bash, python, or other scripting languages.

Edit: interesting that Snitz swallows the (code) (/code) tags (had to substitute parenthesis instead of square brackets so you can see what I'm talking about), that tells me that it's probably capable of using them.

Edited by - delliottg on 09/05/2011 10:31:29
Go to Top of Page

piseas
Former Treasurer

Members Avatar

USA
2017 Posts

Response Posted - 09/04/2011 :  14:34:34  Show Profile  Visit piseas's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stinkpotter</i>
<br />
Did you perhaps copy the post as it appears, or did you use something like "reply with quote" to pick up the tags and URLs? The former probably won't work.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Dave B, I went back to original post by Don and images are gone-assume permanently.
Update: I was wrong. Thanks Dave-you are a genius.

David G, I get many emails as well as questions on the forum re this topic so I wanted to address it. I am sure we could have many more tutorials. Humm, I think we could create a new position-How To Editor!Darn, too bad elections are closedSeriously, There are tons of ways to better us here but we do need help. I cant believe what Russ has on his plate. But please keep suggestions coming.
Steve Auerbach, Treasurer and What Ever Else Gets Thrown My Way
edit: hopefully our web master, Paul, will read this and comment.

Edited by - piseas on 09/09/2011 11:37:08
Go to Top of Page

PCP777
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1225 Posts

Response Posted - 09/09/2011 :  14:54:18  Show Profile
Guys, I uploaded this to my facebook and hot linked it here. As an aside, to hotlink FB pictures, go to the image, hit F5, then right click/copy URL. Photbucket etc will have the link available to copy or right click to get the image URL. I never see the button typically when I reply so I just type the {img] etc that is shown below. (I use chorme)

Is there another thread you want me to place this in? Hope this helps.

Edited by - PCP777 on 09/09/2011 14:55:04
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 09/09/2011 :  19:50:48  Show Profile
Peter: I don't think your instruction works in IE, the most common browser.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

PCP777
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1225 Posts

Response Posted - 09/13/2011 :  06:55:02  Show Profile
OK, on IE you have to extract the URL from rifght click/properties. The URL for my profile pic is :

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs911.snc4/72473_446721779015_549964015_5562996_4585231_n.jpgle. Just hotlinked my profile pic.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page