Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Trailer for sale: Catalina 250 wing keel
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Triad Trailers
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
8 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/03/2006 :  17:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Triad Trailers's Homepage
Hello All,

Triad Trailers made a mistake. We had a customer order a trailer for a Catalina 25 wing keel and we built him a trailer for a Catalina 250 wing keel. We built him a new trailer and now have a new Catalina 250 wing keel trailer in stock. Our mistake is to your benefit because we are going to sell this $5,295.00 trailer for $4,400.00. That's a savings of $895.00! Below please find a description of the trailer.

Description:
1- Catalina 25 Wing Keel Triad Trailer ~FLOAT OFF PACKAGE~
Tandem 3,500 pound capacity T.D.E. spring sprung axles with 4 wheel GALVX brakes, Super Lube bearings, hot dip galvanized trailer frame
OPTIONS:
Upgrade to Galvx brakes: Included in price
2-2,000 pound capacity rear stabilizing jacks:$150.00
Tires: Loadstar ST225/75 D15 load range D tires mounted on 545 galvanized wheels
Coupler: Tie Down Model 70 brake actuator requiring a 2” trailer ball with a minimum capacity of 7,000 pounds.

The trailer will come with our 2 year warranty. The trailer is located in New Milford, CT. Delivery charges are not included in the cost of the trailer. Please email us or call us with questions or to purchase this trailer. Pictures of the trailer can be emailed on request.

Best regards,
Michael Orro
President

Triad Trailers LLC
90 Danbury Road
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: 860-354-1146
Fax: 860-350-2550
email: triadtrls@aol.com
web site: www.TRIADTRAILERS.com

Edited by - on

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2006 :  18:54:59  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Description:
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2006 :  20:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
Any chance if we got enough guys together you would consider building a number of trailers at a "bulk Discount"

Thnaks Duane

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Triad Trailers
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
8 Posts

Response Posted - 12/04/2006 :  11:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Triad Trailers's Homepage
Hello Mr. Wolff,

Thank you very much for writing. Yes, we would be able to offer you a discount rate if you can pull some trailer orders together. Typically the discount rates would be as follows:
1 - 2 trailers: Full retail
3-4 trailers: 8% discount
5+ trailers: Discount can be as high as 15% off. I would need to see how each trailer is built in order to determine the discount rate.

I can forward a quotation to you however I'm not exactly sure how to attach a document to this forum. I did not see an email address for you otherwise I would send you a separate email with the pricing attached. If you would like you can provide me with your email address and I will forward you the documentation or you can email me at triadtrls@aol.com and I'll respond with the quotation. Thanks very much for writing and good luck.

Best regards,
Michael Orro

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by britinusa</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Description:

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Triad Trailers
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
8 Posts

Response Posted - 12/04/2006 :  11:51:16  Show Profile  Visit Triad Trailers's Homepage
Hello britinusa,

Thank you very much for writing and requesting information on a Catalina 25 wing keel Triad Trailer with our float-off package. Below please find the current Triad Trailer pricing for a Catalina 25 wing keel. If you would like a full package emailed to you please write back with your email address or email me at Triadtrls@aol.com and I will forward the full document to you. I'm new to this forum section of the web site and I'm not sure how to attach a file. Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great afternoon and we'll speak with you soon.

Best regards,
Michael Orro

Hydraulic surge brakes
6,600 pound gross vehicle weight rating

Lift-Off Models
Tandem 3,300 pound capacity spring sprung axles with 4 hydraulic surge Brakes, Lift-off
Hot dip galvanized frame $ 4,385.00

Special Float-Off Models
Tandem 3,300 pound capacity spring sprung axles with 4 hydraulic surge, Special Float-off package
Hot dip galvanized frame $ 5,290.00

Special Float-Off Models
Tandem 3,300 pound capacity spring sprung axles with 4 hydraulic surge, Special Float-off package
Hot dip galvanized frame $ 5,915.00

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by britinusa</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Description:

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/04/2006 :  15:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
Michael,

Thanks, I'll send you an email outside of this forum.

dw

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

chrismorlan
Deckhand

Members Avatar

2 Posts

Response Posted - 12/08/2006 :  09:38:52  Show Profile
I have a used Triad trailer for sale for $2500.
chrismorlan@yahoo.com

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/08/2006 :  10:02:01  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
Chris - What size and for what model? - I notice you put this under another someone elses thread. Are we to presume its for a 250 wing?

Edited by - Champipple on 12/08/2006 10:02:40
Go to Top of Page

chrismorlan
Deckhand

Members Avatar

2 Posts

Response Posted - 12/08/2006 :  10:53:22  Show Profile
It is actually a lift-off J-80 trailer, but the six pads can be adjusted to fit a variety of boats under 7000 lbs.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/08/2006 :  12:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
I wonder if it would work for a swing keel c-25 - the draft is only 2 somthing with the keel up.

Where is the trailer located?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Triad Trailers
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
8 Posts

Response Posted - 12/11/2006 :  11:49:49  Show Profile  Visit Triad Trailers's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chrismorlan</i>
<br />I have a used Triad trailer for sale for $2500.
chrismorlan@yahoo.com
The J/80 Triad Trailer does not have a 7,000 pound capacity or gross vehicle weight rating. The J/80 trailer has a 5,000 pound gross vehicle weight rating and a 3,500 pound carrying capacity. At best the trailer may have a 6,000 pound gross vehicle weight rating and 4,200 pound carrying capacity however this would require the trailer to have 5 inch channel side rails and 4 inch channel cross members. Also, the pipe heights of the hull supports are too tall for any Catalina 25 sailboats. I guess they could be modified however there would be a lot of cutting and welding to do so.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

existentialsailor
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1180 Posts

Response Posted - 12/11/2006 :  13:13:02  Show Profile
Seems like it would be a close fit for a Capri 25. The weights are certainly correct.
Would be nice to know where it is located, so a local could make some comparative measurements.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

boatgt
Navigator

Members Avatar

117 Posts

Response Posted - 12/11/2006 :  14:14:26  Show Profile
I just purchased a NEW trailer for my C25 Fin from Sail Trailers (in Columbus GA just south west of Atlanta, http://www.sail-trailers.com) and so far am very impressed. I did a lot of research and talked to about a dozen trailer dealers/manufactures before ordering one. They were quite a bit cheaper than the big name brands but after further investigation I found that it’s because they can afford to. They don’t have a huge company with lots of overhead. They have built lots of Catalina trailers and have some of them pictured on their web site. I will be pulling my boat out soon and will post a full review with pictures, hopefully this weekend!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Triad Trailers
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
8 Posts

Response Posted - 12/15/2006 :  08:46:00  Show Profile  Visit Triad Trailers's Homepage
Maybe I'm missing something here with the format of the swap meet. I've posted a trailer that I have for sale and most of the responses to this post are about trailers other than the trailer I have for sale. It seems to make sense to me that discussions of trailers other than the one I have posted should be discussed in another forum

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Happy D
Admiral

Members Avatar

921 Posts

Response Posted - 12/15/2006 :  20:11:38  Show Profile
Hey Michael,
Don't take it personnel. This forum is a lot like a group of people sitting around the garage and shooting the breeze.
I noticed you didn't post it on the Sailboat Owners site. Lots of people looking for trailers over there also. Here's a link for your convenience.
Good Luck,
Dan

[url="http://www.sailboatowners.com/gear/index.tpl?fno=20"]Sailboat Owners[/url]

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page