Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 WTB Catalina 25 Mast, standard rig
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ArthurJ
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
1 Posts

Initially Posted - 11/08/2006 :  20:04:47  Show Profile
Hit pretty hard last year in hurricane Wilma. House is finally done, now its time to fix my poor boat which was dismasted in the blow.

Looking for C-25 standard rig, prefer interior halyards. Really just need the spar, have all the other hardware.

Update - BTW, Catalina Yachts confirmed they have sold their last replacement spar.

All help appreciated.

Edited by - ArthurJ on 11/15/2006 07:05:30

boatgt
Navigator

Members Avatar

117 Posts

Response Posted - 11/15/2006 :  18:00:22  Show Profile
I have a spare spar for a standard rig 25 that I may part with? Where are you located? You can email me at boatgt@gmail.com

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Rick Shaw
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 11/28/2006 :  15:46:27  Show Profile
I am the Skipper of Sea Scout Ship 5790 in Norman, Oklahoma.
We just acquired a Catalina 25 with a broken mast.
If you have any leads on one in our part of the country, could you contact me? Please.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dlucier
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
7583 Posts

Response Posted - 11/28/2006 :  19:12:30  Show Profile
Catalina Direct lists masts on their website. They offer both complete masts (approx $1,200.00) or just the extrusions (approx $700.00).

[url="http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=97"]Catalina Direct Spars[/url]

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Rick Shaw
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 12/21/2006 :  19:56:02  Show Profile
I am still looking for a standard height mast for our 1978 Catalina 25. Catalina Direct sold the last one three months ago. Sea Scout Skipper Rick Shaw in Norman,Oklahoma

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2006 :  07:03:37  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
In one of your first posts you said you contacted Catalina Direct and a previous poster mentioned Catalina Yachts. If you were unaware, they are not the same company. Catalina Direct does indeed have one listed on the website for 649 and change. Maybe both you and the original poster called the same place maybe not, but it might be worth two more phone calls.

It is tough to find so here is the direct link to C-Directs mast

http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=791

If that doesn’t work here are a few more ideas:

I have a mast that comes with a boat. You can pick it up for around 7800.

Have you tried contacting any of these locations?

http://www.charleston-spar.com/us/default.asp

http://www.dwyermast.com/families.asp?cat1ID=20&cat1Name=Masts

You could probably get an extrusion (especially from Dwyer) then put the rest of the parts together. You might need to get a different masthead and new rigging since it might not fit exactly. Possibly even a new step.

Start getting the cookies together for the bake sale and the merit badges for the work they will have to do.

note: I have not dealt with any of the latter two companies.

Edited by - Champipple on 12/22/2006 07:13:43
Go to Top of Page

existentialsailor
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1180 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2006 :  08:40:15  Show Profile
Might want to see if these guys can help:

[url="http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Kenyon_Spars/KENYON.html"]Kenyon Spars[/url]

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

John Russell
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3444 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2006 :  12:11:03  Show Profile
Looks like your spar might be at Shelter Cove Marina. Along with a few other spare parts Check out the posting in Swap Meet

http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14330

Edited by - John Russell on 12/22/2006 12:13:12
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2006 :  14:17:08  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
That was my thought exactly John. .... pick that thing up for less than 1500, ravage her for the parts and sell her for 1500 without a mast. Note even if that boat at Sheleter Cove is a Tall rig, everything is set to rig for both types of mast.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Frank Hopper
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

Pitcairn Island
6776 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2006 :  15:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Frank Hopper's Homepage
Duane, don't you have a spar for sale for around $8k?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2006 :  19:48:57  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
Yeah, I mentioned that in my first post above......

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have a mast that comes with a boat. You can pick it up for around 7800<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

BruceL
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
30 Posts

Response Posted - 12/23/2006 :  23:32:31  Show Profile
If you pick up that 25 in San Diego
I would love to buy some parts off her

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Rick Shaw
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 12/24/2006 :  12:43:34  Show Profile
Bruce,
All I need is the mast. And I do not want to bring the San Diego boat back to Oklahoma.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 12/24/2006 :  13:07:57  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
check out the various spar links above.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Rick Shaw
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 12/30/2006 :  20:35:00  Show Profile
Has anyone ever tried to use a Catalina 27 mast on a Catalina 25? I know that it is taller and thicker, but do you think it would work?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Ericson33
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
892 Posts

Response Posted - 12/30/2006 :  23:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Ericson33's Homepage
Try Redbud Marina at Oolagaha Lake 30 min NE of Tulsa, they are a Catalina dealer and could find what you need and have it shipped for you. Just an idea.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Rick Shaw
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Response Posted - 01/07/2007 :  17:00:15  Show Profile
Has anyone any information pertaining fixing a mast by putting an insert into the mast and heliarching it together? I've been told that it might work. Our break is just above the boom. I have not had any luck finding a used Catalina mast and the dealers want $27 per foot for an extrusion.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

danandlu
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
172 Posts

Response Posted - 01/07/2007 :  18:11:32  Show Profile  Visit danandlu's Homepage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Has anyone ever tried to use a Catalina 27 mast on a Catalina 25? I know that it is taller and thicker, but do you think it would work?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I can't remember where, but I read that a tall rig 25's mast and a C27's are the same extrusion.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page