Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Capri 25 Owners Manual

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Capri25 Posted - 05/01/2022 : 17:05:00
Has anyone seen the Capri 25 owners manual that Catalina Direct offers and is it any good?
Part Number R6150
https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/capri-25/owners-manual-cp-25/
Is much different than the Capri 25 documents in the Manuals & Brochures section of this forum such as
Owners Manual (1988)
Sea Trials Document
Selected Architectural Drawings
Haarstick Sailmakers Tuning Guide 2001
Load Path Sails Notice - 2007
Capri 25 Update – Load Path Sails

Also, the owners manual for the Capri 25 titled Owners Manual 1988 is not really an owners manual.

I am aware that Catalina did not really create an owners manual for the Capri 25
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Capri25 Posted - 05/22/2022 : 15:48:25
Thank you both. I ended up ordering the binder from Catalina direct and it had some useful Catalina technical drawings of the running and standing rigging.
Voyager Posted - 05/01/2022 : 21:14:25
Hello Capri25, may I suggest that you call Catalina Direct and ask them to describe the book, perhaps read you or email you the table of contents or a page of the index. Then you’ll have a much better idea what’s inside. You might also ask them how many pages are in the owners manual. If it’s eight or 12, then it’s not much of a manual, it’s more of a brochure. If it’s 30 or more pages, and it contains technical or dimensional information, that’s a keeper, but at $50 dollars, it better contain accurate info and valuable data.
Steve Milby Posted - 05/01/2022 : 17:40:40
Good catch, Capri 25!

The document labelled as an "Owner's Manual" in our "Manuals and Brochures" is not an owner's manual. It's the Constitution and Racing Rules of the Capri 25 One Design Class Association. It should be re-labelled as such.

The item labelled as a "Sea Trials Document" is apparently a copy of a magazine article reviewing the Capri 25. It should be re-labelled "boating magazine article reviewing Capri 25"

Those documents are worth preserving, but they should be correctly labelled.

I haven't seen the Catalina Direct "Owner's Manual" and can't tell you whether it's worth the price, but thanks for pointing out the inaccuracies in our materials. It's important that our information be accurate.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page