Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Larry’s swells

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Voyager Posted - 09/10/2021 : 10:44:10
Anybody along the Atlantic coast or bays seeing the large swells from hurricane Larry? According to Ventusky the swells at Block Island, Martha’s Vineyard and Cape Cod are verging on 10 ft.
A friend who dodged Henri and Ida on a trip from CT to Maine is now stuck in Westport MA (Buzzards Bay) where the swell is overtopping the breakwater. They’re rocking and rolling.
Another friend from Newport tells me that on Jamestown Island, the southernmost point of land called Beavertail is seeing some huge breakers right now.
Anybody know of any webcams to show what’s up?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Voyager Posted - 09/12/2021 : 19:18:56
A dockmate and spouse just returned from a 2-week trip from Milford CT, up through Narragansett Bay, then onto Martha’s Vineyard and Chatham, MA out on the elbow of Cape Cod. They set out the day after Henri, then hunkered down for TS Ida and on the way back just timed it right for Larry’s swells. They stopped into Block Island on Thursday morning in the Salt Pond and stayed over until Saturday morning during which time the ocean swell was as high as 9ft. They enjoyed all the island had to offer like good food and drink and they went swimming out in the surf. My buddy was body-surfing the huge breakers.
They set out on Saturday morning to lively conditions for their 42 footer, but this morning found 20kt+ winds to close reach against all the way back from Old Saybrook, about 50 nm.
In spite of the crazy weather events, they had a wonderful time.
islander Posted - 09/10/2021 : 13:06:09
Sure you can go Bruce but just don't wear white after all it's after Labor day
Voyager Posted - 09/10/2021 : 12:49:38
Ooo! Thanks Scott… Not sure I can hang out in the Hamptons, since my Amex Black Card expired!
islander Posted - 09/10/2021 : 12:11:42
Try this. Hamptons live cameras. https://hamptons.com/all-live-cameras/

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page