Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 1989 Catalina 25 WK TR - for Sale - SOLD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pbarr Posted - 03/18/2023 : 15:09:11
SOLD TO A GREAT BOATER. I Expect you'll see him here. Thanks all. ----Phil

Second Wind for sale. Priced to sell. Reach out if you're interested. Pictures updated
Thanks,

https://swmi.craigslist.org/boa/d/new-buffalo-1989-catalina-25/7720893052.html

Updated posts and price.
The mast is now down and lashed to the rails, so she's ready to pick up, or I could motor her a reasonable distance to you.

She's in . Michigan city Indiana.
Reach out if you want a very nice solid boat. She's ready to sail but needs some love.
Sorry to see her go but it's time.

$4900.00

Phil
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stinkpotter Posted - 10/14/2023 : 20:54:05
Good. I'll opine that this boat is underpriced, given that is a 1989 and the "negatives" including the headsail issue are all "nickels and dimes." (At this age, a buyer should expect to want to replace a sail or two.)

This isn't exactly the ideal time to sell, but this is at least a "diamond in the ruff." Consider putting a broker on the case--the fee might be more than covered by the higher price you could get by having it presented on Yachtworld and in the network of brokers. With a wide enough audience, somebody is going to recognize the value of this boat, which I suspect is more than $5.9K. Even if I'm wrong, the chances that it will sell with less drama to you are strong.

Just a thought...
Voyager Posted - 10/14/2023 : 16:50:58
It appears to be back now. Looks like Phil reposted it yesterday.
Stinkpotter Posted - 04/30/2023 : 20:42:50
In case you didn't know, your Craigslist post has expired.
GaryB Posted - 04/30/2023 : 17:03:59
When I was looking for a boat 13 or so years ago, I checked into moving a boat from the Dallas area to Galveston Bay. I was quoted $2 - $2.5K.

As mentioned that was 13 or so years ago and included de-rigging and re-rigging. I'm sure that number has gone up with the shortage of drivers, increase in fuel cost, and inflation.

You can buy a used trailer for the same amount or less these days, IF you can find one.
pbarr Posted - 04/29/2023 : 08:28:03
Hi, I'm trying get a price to tell a prospective buyer what it would cost to haul the boat.

I totally agree with you fine fellows. I would never haul a boat to someone just so they can see it.

My boat is currently on a cradle Michigan city Indiana. The prospective buyer will want to bring it to Lk. St Clair, North of Detroit.

Thanks and sorry that I wasn't clear. So... any one have a trailer I can rent to to haul it should he buy it. Or a recommendation for a hauler.

Thanks,
Phil
Stinkpotter Posted - 04/28/2023 : 15:06:25
I just saw this... YES. (...meaning NO!) On the other hand, knowing about some options for a remote buyer to get the boat back to home port could be helpful for a sale. New buyers might be unsure where to look or what is the likely cost. But hauling and transporting it for somebody to decide whether they want it?? That's just not how it works in the real world.
GaryB Posted - 04/27/2023 : 15:58:00
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

I agree 100% with Gary. Nothing good would come of you hauling the boat to him just so he can look at it. If he comes to you, he can actually sail the boat before making an offer. That would be a benefit to him.

When I bought my last boat, I made trips from southern Ohio to New York, Chesapeake Bay and Lake Erie to look at prospects. If he isn't willing to make that trip he likely isn't a serious buyer.

Yep!
Steve Milby Posted - 04/27/2023 : 14:52:32
I agree 100% with Gary. Nothing good would come of you hauling the boat to him just so he can look at it. If he comes to you, he can actually sail the boat before making an offer. That would be a benefit to him.

When I bought my last boat, I made trips from southern Ohio to New York, Chesapeake Bay and Lake Erie to look at prospects. If he isn't willing to make that trip he likely isn't a serious buyer.
GaryB Posted - 04/27/2023 : 13:58:52
I don't mean to come across as a jerk, just not sure how to phrase my questions any better.

Why can't the buyer come to you? For what you are asking for your boat it seems like he wants you to do all the legwork for him. If he's really interested in your boat it shouldn't be that big of a deal for him to hop in the car and run over to see it in person. It's not that far.

When I was looking for my boat I drove to Dallas three(3) different times to look at potential boats (250+ miles each way). Also made a trip to the far side of Austin and another trip over near San Antonio for two other boats (160+ each way). Ended up buying a boat across town from where I live. It was the best of any of the others.

If you deliver to him and he decides not to buy will you have to foot the bill each way?

Even if you deliver to him he's going to want to negotiate on the price. No matter what, he's going to say "well it's really not what I thought it would be now that I see it in person, so will you take X for it instead of what you are asking"?

Your cost to deliver it to him plus whatever he wants to negotiate off is just eating up your profit. Your boat is already VERY reasonably priced. Make him do a little work, if he really wants it he'll drive over to see it.

Sorry if this came off in a negative way. It's not my intention. Just trying to offer some things to think about.
pbarr Posted - 04/21/2023 : 20:45:15
Thanks GLIVS, Great advice. I'll give my marina a call.

Phil
glivs Posted - 04/21/2023 : 04:19:28
Phil, is your boat currently on a factory cradle? If so your local marinas could likely recommend a professional boat hauler with a hydraulic trailer that could easily handle a C25 with a 3/4 - 1 ton truck. We employed one many years ago with our boat and I see them at the marinas often. Safe, efficient, insured, experienced, and very likely reasonably priced. Worth an inquiry.
pbarr Posted - 04/20/2023 : 19:31:37
Hi Catalina 25 WK owners,

I'm looking for a trailer setup for a 1989 Catalina 25 WK that I could borrow/rent for a day or two to bring my boat to a (potential) buyer.

The distance is 247 Miles. Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/KZFQ7K9UbB1NujAo8

The boat is in Michigan City, Indiana, and a potential buyer wants to know if I could deliver it to Harrison Township, MI, on Lk St Clair, near the Clinton River, north of Detroit.

Should the buyer decide to buy it, he would pay the fee. Alternatively, I'm open to suggestions for a professional boat hauler that someone on the forum could recommend.

https://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32506

Thanks,
Phil

p.s. Let me know if this this the wrong place for this question and I'll move it.
pbarr Posted - 03/19/2023 : 21:02:26
Hi,
Thanks for the heads up and your glowing opinion of the design. We'll be out to the lake next week and will get some photos and additional info on the post.
Phil
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/19/2023 : 20:13:00
You mean, of course, the 1989 design (a typo in the 2nd paragraph). As I've said before, that's the last and best "generation" of the C-25, and in my opinion, the best value in a tailorable cruising sailboat ever made by anyone. (I had an earlier version but was familiar with some of these later ones.)

Best of luck!

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page