Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Sold: 1991 C-25 TR/WK

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
glw Posted - 03/08/2023 : 09:41:53
My sailing partner grew up and went to college.
I going to switch to something much smaller.
I'm the second owner. The first had preordered it.
He said preordered C-25 were the only ones made in 1991.
I did not sail at all this year.
I bought a new outboard the previous season. a Tohatsu 9.8.
It has a trailer which it is currently on.
I bought new sails about 3 years ago.
It has a roller fuller, but I think it has bad bushing as it is a lot harder to furl the sails than it used to be. There are a few cosmetic issues. I took out the curtain burner. The mast needs to be rewired.
I rewired it when I first got the boat but did not know to use braided wire. The rudder has a vertical crack along the back edge.
Everything works.
Mental Leave 6031 is currently in my driveway in Payson, UT.
I can text or e-mail pictures on request. (But i failed at inserting them here).

Thanks,
Grant Webber
(801)882-0242
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/29/2023 : 19:22:16
Congrats! What's the "something smaller"?
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/08/2023 : 20:15:21
1991 was the last year Catalina made the C-25, and they made very few then. (They made over 6,000 leading up to that point.) This was the version first built in 1989--the best of the "generations" of the C-25. It has more headroom below because the swing keel model was discontinued (replaced by the wing keel), allowing the floor to be lowered. Other less obvious improvements were made to the cabin and deck, but the market was moving on to lighter, less costly, and bigger boats.

I consider the '89-91 C-25 to be possibly the best value in a tailorable cruising sailboat ever made by anyone. Some TLC and normal maintenance, and this one should return to being a fine, rare member of the C-25's "greatest generation."

Best of luck!
glw Posted - 03/08/2023 : 11:59:08
I got pictures on a website.
https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/71107776

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page