Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Loose Locker Lids

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blowboat Posted - 10/29/2022 : 12:22:21
OK...my plan was to spend this cool, cloudy day at our "new" boat working through my checklist and finally getting this girl ready to actually go sailing. While I didn't exactly finish the goal of getting her ready to sail...it's nothing that one more trip to West Marine won't fix.

But here is one issue I haven't found a solution...loose hatches on the cockpit lockers. The main locker is missing two nuts and bolts (screws and nuts...these things seem too small to call bolts). I have what I need, but hoping someone can give me advice, tips, suggestions, ideas, or answers on how to get those blasted things in and tightened!!!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redeye Posted - 10/31/2022 : 04:22:46
Oh... and you might want to rename the topic loose lids on cockpit lockers or some such if you feel like it to make it more easily searchable if lots of folks chime in with solutions.

Cheers and Happy Sailing!
redeye Posted - 10/31/2022 : 04:18:02
Well... on mine I found the loose hinges to be very annoying, and I can't get to the heads of the screws to tighten them. I have not tightened mine for about 20 years now and they still work so.... I think I fixed one that came off.

On mine the screws were cut off leaving a rough end that the nut mostly will not pass so they stay on.

this is sort of one example of if it aint broke...

but yes it still irritates me that they are loose...
Voyager Posted - 10/29/2022 : 21:19:03
New SS screws, lock washers, and nuts? Use a nut driver to tighten them up? Add a little locktite to keep them secure? If the fiberglass is cracked, repair it underneath? I’ve done that a few times for the hinges in the past.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page