Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 FS: 1985 C25 - Stg. Rig, S.K., Pop-Top - Annapolis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DavidBuoy Posted - 11/10/2021 : 09:18:35
**SOLD**

1985 Catalina 25 Sailboat – 9.8hp outboard, Standard rig, Swing-keel, Pop-top - $8500
Located: Annapolis, MD

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/d/annapolis-1985-catalina-25-std-rig/7406025187.html

Lovingly maintained and heavily upgraded over the past 7 years. Have extensive documentation including invoices, write-ups and photos of work that I can share with anyone interested. Unfortunately, we are outgrowing the boat as our family is growing. Currently scheduled to haul and repaint the bottom in the spring and the boat can remain at its slip at Back Creek in Annapolis until April 1st when it will need to be moved as it’s current slip is not available for re-lease. Also have an 8’ Boatex dinghy that can be included with the boat for the right price.

I understand if you don't like the price. I'm open to offers, but this really is a feeler as I may decide to do another season with it so no low-ballers. Please don’t waste my time.

Information about the Boat:
SAILS: New loose-footed mainsail and cover from Bacon Sails in 2015. New 130 foam luff 6.4oz roller-furler genoa w/sunbrella UV cover from Rolly Tasker installed 2017. Asymmetrical spinnaker with sock included (in great shape) which is always fun to sail with.

OUTBOARD: 2017 Tohatsu MFS9.8BEFUL 9.8hp w/extra long shaft, high-thrust prop, electric start, and battery charging. 100hrs or less. New heavy-duty motor mount. Serviced regularly and well taken care of. Have all parts on hand for yearly service including water-pump impeller. Have replacement/service parts as well as a motor stand that will be included.

HULL: New balanced Foss rudder installed 2014. Keel winch replaced 2 years ago. Keel Lifting hardware replaced and keel resurfaced and painted with two coats every other year – bottom cleaned in regular intervals in between. Hull cleaned and brightened with polyglow regularly though starting to fade.

STANDING RIGGING: Rigging inspected and tuned in past year.

RUNNING RIGGING: All lines ran to cockpit with clutches. 2 main self-tailing winches, 2 secondary spinnaker winches, 1 mast-mounted, and 1 cabin-top winch. Ball-bearing CDI FF6 roller furler installed 2017. Masthead spinnaker rigging and every sort of rigging adjustment (like reefing, etc.) type setup. All critical lines replaced with high-performance dynema. Whiskerpole

INTERIOR: All cushions reupholstered in high quality vinyl and sunbrella fabric. Pop-top makes for great interior space while not underway, have a kit with shocks that helps to lift the top (not installed) that will come with the boat. Original gimbaled stove removed but have on-hand. Windows resealed though they still leak slightly. All wood refinished and looks beautiful, though small spot of rot on bulkhead from leaks – not structurally compromised and rigging can be tuned and stay in tune for long periods.

ELECTRICAL: Most wiring replaced including to masthead. All lights replaced with LED inside and out. Interior ambient LED lighting installed. 30amp shore-power connection with two battery charging system. Batteries also charged by outboard. VHF with masthead antenna.

PLUMBING: Holding tank with new manual flush toilet (toilet pump needs a new seal). Has a large water tank and 2 sinks though these are not used, but could easily be brought back to service. Automatic bilge pump.

COCKPIT: Adjustable swinging cockpit table installed which is great for lunch/dinners. Good line organization. USB power added to cockpit. Very nice tiller with extension. Compass and knotmeter. 2 danforth anchors – 1 overnight & 1 lunch. All safety equipment included – Life jackets, flares, air-horn, whistle.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DavidBuoy Posted - 11/19/2021 : 06:13:21
*SOLD* Boat is going on to a new owner who I've directed this way!
DavidBuoy Posted - 11/15/2021 : 18:01:39
Yea, i don’t think there’s anything else like it on the market hence the quick sale. Interest from multiple parties as well. Most boats in the size/age range are not taken care of like our boat. Hopefully goes on to many more years of fun service. I’ll make sure they know about the amazing forum here without which i don’t think DB would be what he is!
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/15/2021 : 13:25:33
Four days... Not bad! Congrats--hope it goes well! Send the buyers to the association.
DavidBuoy Posted - 11/14/2021 : 14:25:06
Pending sale 11/14
GaryB Posted - 11/12/2021 : 23:23:20
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

quote:
Originally posted by Voyager

That matters a lot. When I was in the market for a C-25, I saw several boats that were poorly maintained and downright yuckie. I kept on looking until I happened upon Passage. It was spotless, well maintained and clean in all those hard-to-reach places. It was pretty much love at first sight.
Lesson for all: A boat for most people is not a "must have"--it's a "wanna have"--depending on an emotional response. I've sold my past three boats, including Passage, to the first people who looked at them, cash on the spot, based on obvious emotional reactions. The first eyeball impression also suggests how well the boat has been maintained and updated. That appears to be the truth here--david buoy might not have been this nice coming out of the factory.

Agreed. I looked at a lot of boats over a year time span and Andiamo was the best looking by far. Clean and well maintained. I was the first one to look at it and only a day or so after it was advertised. When I saw it I knew immediately it was the one I’d been waiting for. Bought it on the spot.

Many of the others hadn’t even been washed or cleaned up. Several were asking top dollar!
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/10/2021 : 23:39:20
quote:
Originally posted by Voyager

That matters a lot. When I was in the market for a C-25, I saw several boats that were poorly maintained and downright yuckie. I kept on looking until I happened upon Passage. It was spotless, well maintained and clean in all those hard-to-reach places. It was pretty much love at first sight.
Lesson for all: A boat for most people is not a "must have"--it's a "wanna have"--depending on an emotional response. I've sold my past three boats, including Passage, to the first people who looked at them, cash on the spot, based on obvious emotional reactions. The first eyeball impression also suggests how well the boat has been maintained and updated. That appears to be the truth here--david buoy might not have been this nice coming out of the factory.
DavidBuoy Posted - 11/10/2021 : 19:23:20
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

Looks and sounds very well-found (as we know from your involvement here)! Inquiring minds want to know the story behind the name...

Best of luck!
Assistant Vice Curmudgeon of the C-25 Admiralty

Dave,

Avid fan of David Bowie and felt like he wasn’t being represented on the water enough
DavidBuoy Posted - 11/10/2021 : 18:53:22
Thanks guys, appreciate it. Tough circumstances and essentially getting evicted from the slip we’ve enjoyed for 8 years and our options with a new kid don’t allow for a slip without a finger pier so it’s unfortunately time for us to move on
Voyager Posted - 11/10/2021 : 15:23:04
Steve Milby Posted - 11/10/2021 : 14:04:24
I sailed with Rob and the boat is exceptionally clean and meticulously maintained.
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/10/2021 : 13:39:43
Looks and sounds very well-found (as we know from your involvement here)! Inquiring minds want to know the story behind the name...

Best of luck!
Assistant Vice Curmudgeon of the C-25 Admiralty

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page