Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Honda 8HP outboard available

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Voyager Posted - 02/10/2023 : 21:45:05
I have my 8HP Honda with electric start, XL Shaft, 12Amp alternator and low hours after ~20 years of TLC priced to sell.

Only $500, it comes with 10ft alternator/starter cables, fuel line, and conventional 3.5Gal fuel tank (not vacuum sealed).

If you’re anywhere in the Northeast between Maine and Central Pennsylvania, we can meet up 1/2way for the handoff and payment.

Please let me know if you’re interested in this gem of an engine at a very fair price!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Voyager Posted - 02/27/2023 : 21:40:35
Dave, yes, he and I have exchanged individual email addresses and are going back and forth. My first forum email was never received, however, Paul was indeed able to reach me via the forum. It’s a little hit or miss as far as I can tell.
Stinkpotter Posted - 02/27/2023 : 20:44:19
Bruce: Did Paul include his address for you to reply to? If you do a straight reply to an email from the forum, it goes into hyperspace (back to the forum server's bit-bucket).
Voyager Posted - 02/27/2023 : 14:27:36
Hey Paul, I’ve never had great luck with the Forum email utility, but your note came through to me and I replied. I hope you can find a more local seller, or if you can figure out how I can reinforce my cardboard carton and ship it, pls LMK.
Volksaholic Posted - 02/24/2023 : 23:29:40
Thanks Bruce. I don't see anything in the e-mail account I have linked to my profile. I do have a membership confirmation from when I joined, so at least that works. I also don't see it in my spam. I'll try sending you an e-mail and see if that kick starts a conversation.
Voyager Posted - 02/21/2023 : 05:51:33
Paul, sent you a forum email. I have no idea how to ship something like that but we can discuss it. My original plan was to sell it locally around the northeast within like 200 miles of CT, and I’d meet the buyer 1/2 way. I’m thinking that 1/2 way to SLC is Kansas City, but that’s ridiculous! LOL
Let me know if you get the forum email.
Volksaholic Posted - 02/20/2023 : 12:51:37
This is probably not worth the cost and hassle, but do you have any idea what it would cost to ship to Salt Lake City, UT 84121? That's if you're even willing to deal with crating it and shipping it and I wouldn't blame you if you're not! :) I've been scouring locally for a suitable motor to replace a 20" shaft Evinrude 9.9 2 stroke. I had a line on a Yamaha 9.9 25" with their PowerThrust (or whatever they call it) last weekend but after chatting and arranging a time Sat morning to look at it and hear it run the guy sold it. Pissed me off... kind of a jerk move in my opinion but it was his motor to sell on whatever terms he was comfortable with, so now I'm on the hunt again.
Voyager Posted - 02/16/2023 : 16:16:17
Dave, you’re absolutely correct!! In fact I liked that engine so much, I just purchased an identical model. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original engine, and it runs like a top, starts on the first crank, and is tight as a tick. Where I sail we have very strong tidal currents and plenty of rocks in tight passages. I could not afford ANY lapse or interruption of the engine, not that it ever happened. I just figured that after 20 or so years, I deserved another one. This one for sale will probably go another 10 years (that’s $50/year!) and would serve a new boater of limited means with solid and reliable propulsion for years to come.
Stinkpotter Posted - 02/15/2023 : 22:03:03
My baby! It's a high-thrust model--as I've said before, it pushed my C-25 (now Bruce's) through anything with ease, and stopped it as if it had run into a pillow on a wall. A Honda company rep at a show told me the Honda 8 was better for a heavy displacement boat (more torque) than the 9.9 based on its cam timing (the only difference between the two besides the prices)--the 9.9 was better for small planing hulls (more HP).

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page