Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Admiralty Forum
 I thought I'd drop in and say Hi!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shnool Posted - 07/19/2022 : 11:58:37
A while back wife and I moved to Virginia. I've been sailing "other boats" for several years now. After my Capri 25, I bought an S2 7.9. I think the 7.9 is one of those rare, "good at everything" boats. Its fast, comfortable, sails well, easy to sail, trailers well, and is just generally well built. So I was bored :)

My next boat was a WD Schock Wavelength 24. That boat was a former Capri 25 owners dream! It was fast, light as heck, and a masthead rig like the Capri, so the spinnaker was HUGE! The keel stepped mast made it indestructable upwind, along with the spade rudder. My J24 competition hated to see me show up (rates the same), and the S2 7.9 guy frequently hated to see it when I raced. That boat was a pure sailors delight. Downsides were you changed headsails more often than you changed underwear, and you could not sit down below in the boat, and using the head was an exercise in flexibility.

Today, I sail a 1983 C&C 32. I moved to where the lake never turns solid, and the boat can stay in the water 24x7. Always wanted a big boy boat, and I got it now (along with big boy problems). The boat is really a hoot though, its deceptively fast, easy to sail, and comfortable to boot. Hot and cold running water, inboard diesel, refrigerator, massive 155 roller furling masthead rig, deep deep 5.5' keel all 3800lbs worth.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shnool Posted - 12/02/2022 : 10:03:57
Full circle... I am debating changing boats (again).
I agree, I thought I'd change my boat name next time to "For Sale" or perhaps "Fore Sail" maybe "4 Sail," etc.

I have my eye on a Capri 25, 1984. Its a toss up right now between a Capri 25, or an S2 7.9.
Timing is crucial, as to where I will land.
Stinkpotter Posted - 07/23/2022 : 11:01:19
Nice progression! I once thought about naming my current boat "Last Boat III". Things change...

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page