Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 New owners of CDI Furler

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JB Posted - 06/29/2022 : 07:22:23
I recently purchased a new CDI furler FF4 and the drum cover is not stainless steel it's chrome plated plastic and the opening is half as tall as the original. I'm concerned that line won't wrap properly and chafe against the smaller opening. Does anyone have experience with the new plastic drum cover design?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Voyager Posted - 07/02/2022 : 04:51:21
Using the model number, I went looking online to find an image that illustrates the issue. Most images did not show the rear section of the drum with the opening, only the front side with the brand label.
The following site did show a little more detail, however it’s not clear if your version of this product is pictured here.
See http://www.sailcdi.com/ and scroll down the page a little way. There’s a photo showing Spare Parts. It kind of shows the drum. It opens up to a form that you can fill in.
You might could write or contact the company to let them know of your displeasure with the new drum design and they might provide you some advice. Either “we still have a few old school drums in inventory” or “good luck with the new one”!
JB Posted - 07/01/2022 : 10:02:20
No, the opening is just a raw edge and line recommendation is the same as before, 1/4 double braid dacron.
Voyager Posted - 07/01/2022 : 05:51:41
I don’t have any experience with that model, but does the manufacturer provide the furling line, or specify a certain size or type (Sta-set, dyneema, etc). Is the opening raw on the edge, or is there some kind of trim to prevent chafing?
If it helps, I usually spray the wrapped drum of my furler with silicone spray lubricant at the start of the season. Rolls and coils better.
It’s pretty amazing what passes for quality components these days.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page