Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Information for first time users
 First things first . . .
 Winter Cover for My Catalina 25

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
saman2929 Posted - 11/02/2020 : 21:03:48
I just acquired a 1983 Catalina 25 Project, It has been on the Hard for 9 years under a couple of very large trees. After digging through about 10" of compost and twigs I was able to reach the deck and Cockpit. I have it all cleaned out and I am starting to get things going in the right direction. I live in a Big Snow area in upstate NY. and With winter quickly upon me, I have to get a winter cover on soon. I am thinking about leaving the Mast up and supporting the Aft End of the Boom and using it as a ridge for my Tent. And going forward from the Mast to the Deck of the Bow with a 2X4 wrapped in a carpet. The problem I see is the number of cuts required to get my canvass around the Bases of the Shrouds and Stanchions and be able to secure the many ends to hold it tight to fight the winds. I have not developed what I think will be a working strategy. I am sure some of you have addressed this problem, and I am hoping to get your input How you have solved this problem. For the Long Haul, I intend to get a winter cover made But I don't have the time to get it this year before Late January. Any input on Design and Materials or strategy would be greatly appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/03/2020 : 07:47:11
Welcome Sam! I would copy and post this in the C-25 forum. This "First things First" forum isn't something most members follow, except by noticing "active topics".

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page