Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Finding Older Posts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sreidvt
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
16 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/06/2014 :  13:55:13  Show Profile
In order to learn more about the C 250 I've been reading threads on this forum but they seem to only go back to early 2013. Are the older threads archived somewhere or is that when the forum started?

Thanks,

Sean

Edited by - on

delliottg
Former Mainsheet C250 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
4479 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2014 :  17:21:00  Show Profile  Visit delliottg's Homepage
You should be able to search back much further than that. I've been a member since about 2007, and there are articles much earlier than that.

Try using the Google search on the left side of the screen about the middle left of the page underneath the RSS Feeds link.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2014 :  19:05:20  Show Profile
I've never had to use Google search before. I've always used the "Search" link above the login area. But that link appears to be broken right now. When it is working properly, you get a check box for "Archived Posts" that will get you older posts.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2014 :  19:40:27  Show Profile
The forum has been in existence for perhaps as much as 20 years. It has moved to different websites, and each time has lost it's archives. It has been here for awhile, and the archives going back several years should be somewhere.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2014 :  21:31:13  Show Profile
As indicated in a post by our webmaster, Paul, the Search function in the upper right has been turned off for now. That function allowed some very precise searching, and gave access to threads going back over 10 years. However, it was also much less efficient, and has even been used in the past for some apparent "denial of service" attacks on the site (perhaps before Paul's time at the controls).

The Google search (left column of the screen) is faster, but the results are generally less precise. I just tried it with the words "250 rudder generation" and found some forum threads as early as 2003. (But it returned "28,100 results" just from our site--I have no idea what they all are!) Anyway, that would now appear to be your window into our archives.

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 10/06/2014 21:41:07
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 10/07/2014 :  03:39:22  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
It's my plan to include an Archives search in the upgrade.

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

TakeFive
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2269 Posts

Response Posted - 10/07/2014 :  03:53:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

As indicated in a post by our webmaster, Paul, the Search function in the upper right has been turned off for now...

Sorry, I "didn't get the memo." Looks like Paul's post went up 39 seconds after mine.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

sreidvt
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
16 Posts

Response Posted - 10/07/2014 :  17:03:54  Show Profile
Thanks for the replies. I've actually been working my way through most of the threads as part of my education on the boat. I'll look forward to being able to get into the archives later on when that's ready. Until then I'll try the Google method.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by - sreidvt on 10/07/2014 20:53:31
Go to Top of Page

sreidvt
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
16 Posts

Response Posted - 10/10/2014 :  04:32:16  Show Profile
Just accidentally found exactly what I was looking for. 130 pages of archives back into the previous years: http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/forum/forum.asp?ARCHIVE=true&FORUM_ID=4

Just the ticket for learning more about this boat over the cold winter months to come in VT.

Cheers,

Edited by - sreidvt on 10/10/2014 04:34:55
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 10/10/2014 :  06:18:33  Show Profile
Wow--3200+ threads for the C-250 alone... I hadn't noticed the icon before (in the right-hand column on the All Forums page).

Enjoy!

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 10/10/2014 06:19:54
Go to Top of Page

sreidvt
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
16 Posts

Response Posted - 10/10/2014 :  07:03:20  Show Profile
I figure that, short of getting some sailing time in on a C250 WK (which probably won't happen until spring) those archived threads should be some of the best research I can do on the boat. And winter up here in VT lasts a long time.

Cheers,

Edited by - sreidvt on 10/10/2014 07:03:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page