Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Sail Magazine
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Initially Posted - 08/08/2014 :  20:09:02  Show Profile
In the most recent edition of Sail Magazine they have a story about sailing in Kansas. Great story, and I think of many hear who sail in those waters/lakes. On, I believe, page 13 they show a picture of a marina, I believe, on Lake Travis and the first boat on the left side of teh pic is a Catalina 25 -- nice to see we made it into a current issue of Sail!

Edited by - on

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 08/09/2014 :  14:32:02  Show Profile
Don't get me started! It was written by someone who knows little other than their own puddle. There have ben enough photos of my club at Lake Cheney that many would read that article and know our club has significantly better facilities than any in the article... which did not mention Cheney at all. For those who are not familiar with our docks, crane, clubhouse, youth sailing, and on and on...

http://www.ninnescah.org

It just goes to show that magazines will publish anything that somebody sends them. Have you noticed the percentage of articles in SAIL that are written by women now? WUWT

Harrumph

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9014 Posts

Response Posted - 08/09/2014 :  20:12:05  Show Profile
So Frank... Send them an article. (OK, probably too late--send it to Sailing World, which does nicer photography. They'd probably love to one-up Sail.)

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 08/09/2014 20:13:37
Go to Top of Page

Derek Crawford
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3312 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2014 :  08:33:01  Show Profile
I also noticed that Lake Cheney wasn't mentioned in the article - I thought that maybe Frank had p.o.'d the editors!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 08/10/2014 :  09:49:31  Show Profile
My charm can be misconstrued.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 08/12/2014 :  14:22:29  Show Profile
Dare I suggest that the association send a letter to Sail to express our collective dissatisfaction with their article's understating the many sailing options and venues in Kansas, and how our members, all sailors,were not only shocked, but concerned that a magazine with the reputation of Sail could print such an incomplete piece. . . Maybe they would feel guilty and do a piece on the C-25, maybe describing "both" versions - full and wing keel . . . .(oh yea, darned, they forgot about the swing keels, and tall vs. regular rig, etc., etc. . . . .)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9014 Posts

Response Posted - 08/12/2014 :  15:28:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bigelowp

Maybe they would feel guilty and do a piece on the C-25, maybe describing "both" versions - full and wing keel . . . .(oh yea, darned, they forgot about the swing keels, and tall vs. regular rig, etc., etc. . . . .)
Sail prefers articles about boats with 6+ digit prices from manufacturers with 7+ digit ad budgets. Anybody in Kansas want a Morris M42? Nice daysailer...

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dlucier
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
7583 Posts

Response Posted - 08/12/2014 :  17:41:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

[quote]Originally posted by bigelowp

Anybody in Kansas want a Morris M42? Nice daysailer...

C'mon Dave. The M42 is more than just a daysailor. It's a weekender.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page