Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 deck light bulb wattage?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scooter
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
228 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/03/2011 :  11:41:13  Show Profile
Does anybody know the wattage of the halogen deck bulb CD # X2009? That's the bulb that points down at the bow.

Scooter
C25 '89 SR/WK #5878 "Square Knot"
Vandemere NC.

Edited by - on

John Russell
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3444 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2011 :  12:16:10  Show Profile
Sorry, don't know it but, if nobody else here does, I'd bet the folks at Catalina Direct will.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2011 :  15:06:12  Show Profile
From what I've seen in one ebay ad, the Aqua Signal brand combo steaming/deck light is reported to use a 20 watt halogen bulb in the deck light and a 10 watt festoon bulb in the steaming light. The private label lookalike unit this one guy was selling (Chinese knockoff maybe?) has a 10 watt halogen bulb in the deck light. Hope that helps.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

OLarryR
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3370 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  05:17:36  Show Profile  Visit OLarryR's Homepage
I had my Aquasignal combo light replaced with a new one. WM sells it - 10Watt steaming light and 20Watt deck light

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/31055--series-25-combo-deck-masthead-navigation-light.html

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

KeziCat
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
28 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  08:08:11  Show Profile
Wow. The customer reviews on the Aqua Signal combo make the product seem like a real POS. I plan to re-wire and update the mast this spring before launch and have been researching everything from the step to the anchor light. There have been some pretty good discussion threads but I haven't seen much worth spending the money for, let alone bullet proof for the marine environment. I generally sail recreationally with the family on Lake Michigan but I like my stuff to work when I need it and last for more than one season. Is that too much to ask? Am I the only skipper who expects dependable performance?

Sorry Scooter, I went off on kind of a rant over a wattage question. The icicles are still outside my window but the sun is shining and I know spring will eventually arrive. I feel better now :)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  09:06:09  Show Profile
I'm 4 trouble free years into my current Aquasignal steaming/deck light.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Sloop Smitten
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1181 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  10:10:38  Show Profile
My biggest gripes about the Aqua Signal light is the plastic lens on the steaming light crazes making it more translucent than clear and the halogen deck light has no lens at all leaving it exposed to the elements. POS kind of sums it up.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  10:32:26  Show Profile
I was thinking of buying one to put on next time I drop the stick. Having second thoughts now. I'm not real sure I need it anyway. LED headlamps work well in lieu of a deck light and don't require rewiring the mast and deck plug.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

pastmember
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

2402 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  11:53:17  Show Profile
All a deck light ever did for me was say " hey mosquitoes... over here". I have not turned one on in MANY years.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

redeye
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

3474 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  11:58:55  Show Profile
<< I'm 4 trouble free years into my current Aquasignal steaming/deck light. >>

Yepper.. not the deck light, but the Aquasignal Nav lights lasted about 25 years before I replaced them.. Not bad if you ask me. Personally I think it is a pretty good design, for all their lights, especially for the price.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
228 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  12:06:22  Show Profile
Joe brings up a good point.

The deck light has no lens (We used to call it an Isenglass?). I was thinking of making one from an old flashlight. Does anybody know why they don't have one? Heat maybe? Could you add one if you leave a hole for venting? What about an LED replacement bulb? No real heat issues there????

Thoughts?

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

John Russell
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3444 Posts

Response Posted - 02/04/2011 :  12:36:19  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pastmember</i>
<br />All a deck light ever did for me was say " hey mosquitoes... over here". I have not turned one on in MANY years.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Rather have 'em 20ft up the mast than around the stern light.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave5041
Former Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
3754 Posts

Response Posted - 02/05/2011 :  21:45:00  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Rather have 'em 20ft up the mast than around the stern light.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think that is their primary value, but a small bug zapper light would be even better.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page