Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 What's new what's improved
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/28/2007 :  10:21:52  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
What you should see with this upgrade:

1 – Improved search times Using the forum search (which still isn’t as good as the google one)

2 – Added the Spell Check Modification

3 – Turned on the feature to have email validation. New forum posters must have their email validated and click on a link in the email to be able to post.(I did this in the old world as a test, we picked up 3 drug guys in two days. – If the email gets lost the admins can always manually approve someone.

4 – Turned on the Age as a mandatory field. I really don’t care what is put in there, but it is a field that isn’t mandatory as a default. Most of the bots that are posting spam do not have this in their scripts and it will error out the script and cause them to go elsewhere.

5 – Eliminated the .ru domain from being able to post on the forum. If the Ruskies really want to post they can go to yahoo and get a free account…I don’t think Butler made too many sails calls to Moscow though so it shouldn’t be an issue. Most of the Spam is coming from Russian Domain accounts.

6 – Edit capabilities were fixed for the non-conformist-conspiracy theorists (and Arlyn) who don’t use Internet Explorer.

7 – A lot of stuff behind the scenes that you’d never even care to know about.

8 - added rss feedt this morning that will work with most any RSS reader, including the newly released Google homepage.

D. Wolff
DPO C25 Hull 401
Currently Sailing "Champagne and Ripple" 1982 O'day 30

Chief Measurer 2002-2006
Vice-commodore 2007

Edited by - on

jerlim
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1484 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  13:41:28  Show Profile
Duane and crew -
Thanks for all of the hard work!

Edited by - jerlim on 01/28/2007 13:42:14
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  15:41:04  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
Also added 20 items to the main section of the Amazon Store

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

djn
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1561 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  15:46:55  Show Profile
Great job Duane. Thanks for all your hard work and effort. Cheers.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  15:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
No thanks required, just buy my boat.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  16:44:08  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Duane Wolff</i>
<br />...just buy my boat.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
We've organized a boycott on it--don't wanna lose your services!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  17:37:39  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
If you wanna keep a c25 on the side - real cheap I've got one for you dave....I do mean real cheap

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  18:46:44  Show Profile
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Duane Wolff</i>
<br />If you wanna keep a c25 on the side - real cheap I've got one for you dave....I do mean real cheap
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Ya... $25 boat units per season for a slip and 12 more for storage... plus swing keel maintenance--the water's a little salty around here. Not cheap enuf.

Edited by - Dave Bristle on 01/28/2007 18:47:14
Go to Top of Page

Champipple
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
6855 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  19:35:45  Show Profile  Visit Champipple's Homepage
If ya never crank it up, you don't have to worry about it breaking! If ya pick up a trailer, you don't need a slip....

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  20:25:27  Show Profile
OK, let's see... Buy a surplus Humvee from Iraq (without too much IED damage) as a tow vehicle... Rig a crane in the Humvee to step the mast single-handed... Launch single-handed for a nice little day-sail... Then use the crane as a winch to haul her back on the trailer and drop the mast (with the keel down, as you suggested)... Then park the Humvee and trailer behind a supermarket and hope nobody notices... (No place for them at my condo.) Hey, maybe that could work!

Edited by - Dave Bristle on 01/28/2007 20:28:40
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Members Avatar

460 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  21:26:55  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
There's always options!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Gloss
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1916 Posts

Response Posted - 01/28/2007 :  21:33:41  Show Profile
thanks Duane
You da man

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 01/29/2007 :  06:51:01  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Great job Duane, never missed a beat.

Q. any chance we can add nautical terms to the dictionary; The spell checker failed to recognize 'backstay'

Paul.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Frank Hopper
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

Pitcairn Island
6776 Posts

Response Posted - 01/29/2007 :  09:21:15  Show Profile  Visit Frank Hopper's Homepage
backstay

I added it to the dictionary by clicking on the "ok"

backstay

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 01/29/2007 :  22:32:17  Show Profile
Hmmm... Let's be judicious about adding stuff to the dictionary--there are "definately" some favorites around here that shouldn't get in there.

Edited by - Dave Bristle on 01/29/2007 22:32:59
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Members Avatar

460 Posts

Response Posted - 01/29/2007 :  22:50:11  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
unfortunately both wenches and winches are definately both in the dicshuery

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Dave Bristle
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
10005 Posts

Response Posted - 01/29/2007 :  23:21:04  Show Profile
I definitely hope so!

Edited by - Dave Bristle on 01/29/2007 23:22:38
Go to Top of Page

Ben - FL
Admiral

Members Avatar

880 Posts

Response Posted - 01/30/2007 :  02:11:39  Show Profile  Visit Ben - FL's Homepage
Hey Duane, great job on the forum. One question though... I just tried the spell check and it seems I lose the cursor after clicking the check. So then is there is no more editing until after the message gets posted?
Never mind, I just discovered I have to double click to get back to the cursor.
COOL. Now I don't have to switch back and forth to my American Heritage Dictionary like I have been for the past five years!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

Members Avatar

460 Posts

Response Posted - 01/30/2007 :  05:55:15  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
If there are mispelled words you need to rectify them or click back to edit.

The mod was written for a different background color and I couldn't find the font color to change it. It does say something between the down arrow and the abc check mark while editing - you just can't see it.

If you go to the new topic or hit reply to topic at the top of the page the background is darker than the quick reply box you might be able to see it better.

dw

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page