Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Admiralty Forum
 Welcome Old Timers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Admin Posted - 04/10/2007 : 20:15:05
You might not have the 25 footer anymore, but you are still family to us. Please use this forum to discuss your new boat or your lack thereof. Discuss your experiences selling the old Catalina or Capri, how you went about getting the new vessel. Maybe the trips you are planning or have taken.

We want to keep your knowledge and friendship close by, so please pull up a chair and stay a while.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hinmo Posted - 10/16/2010 : 04:24:06
Dave - with the "new" economy, not sure there is a set age for my retirement! Wanted to go at 58 (when the boats paid for), but that looks totally unfeasible....will shoot for 62 now.

I cannot see moving south w/o selling my property here...and the Admiral will have no part of that. I'll be plying these NE waters.....AND, loving it!
Stinkpotter Posted - 10/15/2010 : 06:13:17
John--some good friends have a C-34 as their retirement New England cruiser--love it! (I like it too!) Of course, maybe you're thinking of retiring some place other than N.E... In French Polynesia, you'll want something in the 40s.
hinmo Posted - 10/15/2010 : 04:24:21
Bought a Cat 34 a couple weeks ago. On the hard already. Can't wait till next year. I'm 53 so I figure if health holds, this will be the New England cruiser up until retirement...then we'll re-assess
triley Posted - 05/18/2010 : 17:56:45
It's what I like about the C25. Board and be off. We couldn't get a larger boat on our lake anyway. Maybe a Seaward 26!
Douglas Posted - 05/07/2008 : 13:28:29
Youngster just moved his C-25 to the inside of the dock. I sure miss being able to just jump aboard and be gone. Handling a 25 at the dock or anywhere was soooooo easy compared to 56,000 Lbs.
Dave Bristle Posted - 05/12/2007 : 10:51:56
quote:
Originally posted by At Ease

...there are lots of good folks here and lots of good information...sailing is sailing, boat size doesn't make that much difference.

Here-here! For sailing, I'm downsizing to 12-footers (not even my own)... and considered naming my new boat "Last Boat III". My observation is that life changes--sometimes in big and unexpected ways--and boats change accordingly (or so we hope).
existentialsailor Posted - 05/11/2007 : 19:29:31
Good to see you Bert. been a while.
At Ease Posted - 05/11/2007 : 18:44:54
In the spring of 2000, I bought my C25 FK #4488. Also had a houseboat at that time and found I was doing more working on the boats than getting out on the water. Decided to sell both the boats and get a larger, more comfortable sailboat. I was working part time as a contract pilot at the time, so I had lots of chances to go look at boats at somebody else's expense...they even paid me! So, in March 2004, after lots of searching and lots of looking, long story short, bought a 1997 C320 in Dallas and had it shipped to my lake in OK. As you know, they come virtually fully equipped, the one extra I wanted was marine air/heat, which this boat has. In May 2004, sold the C25 to a young family who had it moved to OKC. My reasoning for getting the C320 was that I wanted a boat in which I could stand erect...can't do that in a C30 or C310. Also, I wanted a boat that was not only 'fully equipped,' which the C320 certainly is, but had some other goodies. My boat came with lots of extras...bimini, dodger, 12 CD player, VHF, heavy plastic entry doors, and more. 32' is plenty big enough on my lake (although there is a C38 in the next slip). It is a great boat, and, unless something changes that I cannot foresee, it will be my last sailboat.

When I sold the C25, I never left this list. As I have said in the past, there are lots of good folks here and lots of good information...sailing is sailing, boat size doesn't make that much difference.

Champipple Posted - 05/11/2007 : 13:51:46
Keep coming back here Cathy - the idea is you can still get someone to bounce ideas off of in exchange for sharing your old boat knowledge
cathluk Posted - 04/15/2007 : 14:15:45
Hi all! We're just starting our 2nd season on our 1988 Pearson 31-2. The boat sails beautifully & we've been very happy with it. This season we replaced the water heater (yes - hot water!) & the hoses on the sanitation system (ugh! not a pleasant job). We're still learning about this new boat, but it's been great so far. We do miss the support & ideas we got here - this forum is an amazing resource that just doesn't exist for other makes & models.
Champipple Posted - 04/14/2007 : 21:10:21
other than actually changing the forum to another application, no. There are a ton of forum things out there, however to change could possibly mean losing the history we have already.
Stu Jackson C34 Posted - 04/14/2007 : 19:59:31
Thanks for doing this.

A completely different topic:

Is there any way to make it easier to post photos, other than the website link?

On our board, one can post photos as essentially "attachments" by clicking on a file on your own computer and having ti uploaded.

That would sure make it easier for us old dogs to show you what we're doing.

Thanks,

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page