Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Looking for Heartbeat - hull 4816

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Heartbeat Posted - 11/02/2022 : 11:52:49
So I sold Heartbeat a couple of years ago. I stayed in touch (somewhat) with the new owner, but they didn't contact me when they chose to sell it on. No contact with the next owner. Now I miss having a sailboat and looking for something that is either close to outfitted as Heartbeat was, or can be made to be.

That level of boat doesn't exist. (Or isn't for sale.)

Just curious if anyone has had a sighting or (crosses fingers) knows who owns Heartbeat now. I am worried it's rotting in a yard. Last known in SE Michigan, but the trailer was coast to coast ready, so could be anywhere now.

Thanks.

Matt Q.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/17/2022 : 08:48:54
I'm guessing it was donated to the organization, to benefit the Chesapeake. Just a shot in the dark...
Heartbeat Posted - 11/16/2022 : 14:10:26
Yeah, I saw that listing. It's not a tall rig, and the winches are on the mast. I sent an email and didn't get a reply. Strange that a Michigan boat is being sold by a outfit in Virginia.

I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Voyager Posted - 11/16/2022 : 12:29:35
Nice sleuthing Dave!!! Perhaps this is the same boat- if so what great coincidence. If not, it’s an almost equivalent boat.
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/16/2022 : 09:21:02
What was your Michigan registration number? SK or FK? A 3-owner 1985 C-25 FK with trailer is or was for sale at Portage Lake--registration visible--no visible name. If sold, the selling organization might know to whom.
Voyager Posted - 11/15/2022 : 12:38:11
I wonder. To what extent are they public records?
islander Posted - 11/15/2022 : 05:58:18
I don't think DMV would give out other people's info to another person. Security/invasion of privacy thing.
Voyager Posted - 11/14/2022 : 20:52:46
Matt, the last listing in the boat search is you (thanks to Captain Obvious!). I also searched a few different ways on the Hull ID. Nada. You might be able to check with state motor vehicle departments. Any idea which states it was last seem in? Try that state and a few surrounding ones…
Heartbeat Posted - 11/14/2022 : 15:18:26
HIN is: CTYK4816H485

Where do you go to search using that?

Yes, buying another TM/FK is an option, but not finding one with a trailer so far. But Heartbeat was totally tricked out. 4 halyards all led aft to rope clutches, 4 winches, primaries lewmar 16s with 2 speeds, spinnaker pole, whisker pole, mast track, pole up/pole down led aft, 24:1 backstay, 16:1 vang. Then the sails: 3 spinnakers, kevlar #1, #2, and #3; main very fast, plus older race and cruising sails. All deck mounting had been re-bedded, so there was just dust in the bildge - even after a heavy rain. (Unless we were racing in it!) Two axle adjustable trailer with disc brakes on all 4 wheels, 8 pads, and ladder and mask catch. Brings a tear to your eye, it does.

Thanks.

Matt
bigelowp Posted - 11/06/2022 : 06:08:14
Its always nice to see a previously owned boat but I would think that you could find a C25/TR pretty easily. Depending on how many years ago you sold it and what maintenance/improvements recent owners have, or have not done, just looking for another boat may be the better and possibly cheaper way to go.
Voyager Posted - 11/03/2022 : 15:45:03
Nothing in the Boat Search for Heartbeat or Marine anything. Any Hull ID (HIN)? Probably easier to identify with that info.
Heartbeat Posted - 11/03/2022 : 06:24:13
Thanks! Last I knew, the boat name was Marine Blue 10" italic Helvetica on both sides of the hull. Hull number was stamped into the gel coat on the starboard (iirc) transom just below the rub rail. Trailer was a galvenized dual axel / dual disc brake with a bow ladder and mast catch. I appreciate the help.
hlprmnky Posted - 11/02/2022 : 15:01:54
I doubt very highly that either of the derelict C25s in my marina yard in SW Michigan are Heartbeat, but next time I’m up to the boat (which I plan to try and do at least once more before it gets really cold to finish off a cabin wiring upgrade) I will walk around their transoms and see what their hull numbers are, assuming their ID number is in the same place as mine.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page