Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 C25 took a tumble, Need to part her out

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
captnamo Posted - 04/04/2022 : 09:17:58
Shrink-wrapped fin-keel western-Michigan C25 and its cradle took a tumble in the gales of December causing a 3-foot crack in its side. Although it looks superficial to me, local shop estimated $14,000 to repair (just from the pictures). Having much less into the boat, doesn't make sense to repair, and insurance company totaled it.

Any advice on where to advertise its parts 'n' pieces. Things I think might be useful to others: mast/shrouds/stays, rudder/tiller, swim ladder, setee boards/cushions, cabin ladder, sails (crisp main and 140? genoa), rebuilt manual bilge pump, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
captnamo Posted - 04/14/2022 : 03:27:02
I'm sorry for any confusion and some not being able to find the facebook post. My intention was to post items one by one and ask for offers on each as I've taken them off the boat (since I have no idea what stuff might be worth). Several folks have expressed interest in certain items. But, I am now holding out some hope that I might find another C25 to take my broken boat's place.

Funny (not funny) how you don't realize what you have until it's gone.

So, between never having done this before and the trauma of parting out the boat, I've not been a very good seller. Please forgive me?

Moving forward, I think the best thing for me to do will be to post individual items on the forum swap meet and on the facebook group as I have them in hand and am ready to sell them.

Hope that makes sense. I appreciate your interest.

--Steve
GaryB Posted - 04/13/2022 : 11:11:50
quote:
Originally posted by captnamo

quote:
Originally posted by GaryB

Please see my post in the Swap Meet section. I'm interested in several items.

I am so sorry. Been busy all week and also posted in Catalina 25 facebook group and have had a lot of interest there. Was going to get at replying tomorrow (Saturday) buy have a lead on a boat on the other side of the state, so making that trip tomorrow. (Remind me to only post stuff for sale in one place next time.) =o( Feel free to PM me as I try to catch up with responses in the swap meet.

PM'd you several days ago thru this site.

I'm still interested in the tiller and sails if they are still available.

Email me at 21sorrento at gmail
captnamo Posted - 04/08/2022 : 18:40:01
quote:

I am so sorry. Been busy all week and also posted in Catalina 25 facebook group and have had a lot of interest there. Was going to get at replying tomorrow (Saturday) buy have a lead on a boat on the other side of the state, so making that trip tomorrow. (Remind me to only post stuff for sale in one place next time.) =o( Feel free to PM me as I try to catch up with responses in the swap meet.
captnamo Posted - 04/08/2022 : 18:38:18
quote:
Originally posted by bigelowp

Steve N -- When and wherever you list it, please include if it is a standard or tall rig, pop-top, dinette configuration, and if any items are in particularly good -- or not so condition. parting out is a painful experience, especially if you have had a boat for a long time.

Yes it is. F Y I, y'all, Standard Rig, Pop Top, rare L-Shaped setees around the table.
captnamo Posted - 04/08/2022 : 18:35:35
quote:
Originally posted by Volksaholic

I'm sorry to hear that... that's always sad to see. Do you mind if I PM you with a list of bits I need for the boat I picked up last fall? I'm in Salt Lake City, UT, so I imagine I'll take a hit on the shipping but if you're willing to ship it would help me out.

captnamo Posted - 04/08/2022 : 18:34:03
quote:

Volksaholic Posted - 04/06/2022 : 09:38:34
I'm sorry to hear that... that's always sad to see. Do you mind if I PM you with a list of bits I need for the boat I picked up last fall? I'm in Salt Lake City, UT, so I imagine I'll take a hit on the shipping but if you're willing to ship it would help me out.
GaryB Posted - 04/05/2022 : 20:37:32
bigelowp Posted - 04/04/2022 : 13:56:45
Steve N -- When and wherever you list it, please include if it is a standard or tall rig, pop-top, dinette configuration, and if any items are in particularly good -- or not so condition. parting out is a painful experience, especially if you have had a boat for a long time.
captnamo Posted - 04/04/2022 : 09:45:55
Thanks, Steve!

--Steve
Steve Milby Posted - 04/04/2022 : 09:28:06
Very sorry about your misfortune.

Advertise here on our Swap Meet. Click on "All Forums." Then scroll down to "Swap Meet."

Also advertise in the Catalina 25 Group on facebook. Here's a link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/617580098259588/?multi_permalinks=7948771831807008¬if_id=1648522645168233¬if_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page