Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Information for first time users
 Testing Forum
 TEST

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zeil Posted - 10/20/2021 : 18:23:56
Using Flickr...

Using Shutterfly
Image just dropped on this page
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/render/00-Kql8nYq3EoFBfyIX1pbXmPEsSaOlh7ozkpg7Qycnl5CY_qKj4qQI91fFTho9U4mz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1393717020

Image placed "Insert Image" between brackets

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zeil Posted - 11/11/2021 : 17:52:04

Using our Photo Gallery

Mariah on "blocks" waiting for her new tarp while in winter storage
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/07/2021 : 09:11:11
Why not use our Photo Gallery--it seems to work fine for posting pix in the forum... I just picked a photo there, copied and pasted its URL into a post here using the , previewed it, and presto!
zeil Posted - 11/06/2021 : 16:14:15
Thank you Bruce for explaining the reason why the photos stored for years "free of charge", at Shutterfly can't be used anymore.

I do feel a great sense of betrayal by Shutterfly who could have offered some options or request reasonable financial reimbursement for their services to continue.

Distrusting now similar sites who is to say that Flickr has, is or will contemplate similar moves leaving us and our forum, again up the creek without a paddle or worse high and dry on the rocks

Let me assure you before making any comments or suggestions that we wish to thank all people who, in the past, volunteered with great dedication to design and develop all aspects of our own forum website.

However, would it not be possible to update, revamp, simplify, our own forum photo gallery for members or its forum coding requirements.

Actually is there anything that can be done to update our present photo gallery to continue on supplementing postings. Perhaps a new up-to-date fresh approach could be considered?

ps Russ recently offered to look into this...

Voyager Posted - 11/06/2021 : 08:05:28
Somehow Shutterfly decided to eliminate compatibility with “Forum codes”. As you know our forum requires a specific syntax with a hypertext prefix and postfix [img ] and [/img ] and requires a specific type of argument within.

It has to be a valid web site containing a url (such as https://www.yourimagewebsite.com/) followed by a valid path + filename like:“myusername/myboatpictures/mycoolimage. jpg”

It appears that in the first Shutterfly example, the filename + .jpg is missing. That won’t work.

If the 2nd Shutterfly example does meet the above requirements for this forum, then either: the url is pointing at a “null object”, i.e.: a file location with nothing in it, or a non-existent object.

In example 2, it could be that the file name provided by Shutterfly for the image does not actually point to the image, or that Shutterfly is detecting that a Forum is trying to access their site, and is denying access to it.

There could be all kinds of reasons why they changed their policies. It may be possible with a fair amount of trial and error that you can hack the site, or just migrate your collection to Flickr …

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page