Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 External mounted depth transducer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
exf4gib Posted - 06/08/2020 : 12:31:35
Tried mounting my depth gauge transducer inside the hull of my '85 C-25, which worked for a few months before delaminating & losing its sensitivity. With no plans in the near future to pull the boat out of the water, my other option is to mount the transducer externally, off the transom. I'm considering rigging a stainless steel "boom", mounted to the pushpit that's long-enough to get place the transducer clear of surface turbulence. It'll also have to be clear of the rudder sweep and opposite where the outboard is mounted. Have any of you done or considered this "mod"? Thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
seatest Posted - 10/21/2020 : 15:42:39
It worked for me. I put an externally mounted depth sounder on my transom, used a piece of PVC 1 by 2 and screwed to transom on starboard side between engine and rudder. Engine wash did not affect readings.
Stinkpotter Posted - 06/09/2020 : 05:51:43
Hi Arnie... You posted this in the Capri 25 forum--I suggest copying and posting it in the Catalina 25 forum.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page