Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Tow vehicle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MattL Posted - 10/19/2019 : 12:51:13
Ok, a van pulled in front of us and totaled our 3/5 ton truck. Will need a new one. Any opinion on a tundra to pull our Catalina 25.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leon Sisson Posted - 12/08/2019 : 06:40:42
"Well that's better than the dreaded 'Any day now'"
Or, "Did you bring it in before, or after, we had the big fire here?"
islander Posted - 12/05/2019 : 07:56:56
quote:
When I asked for a time line, the reply was “soon”

Haha, Well that's better than the dreaded "Any day now"
MattL Posted - 12/04/2019 : 23:44:23
Update. The truck is still in the auto body shop. Apparently the strike at dodge, even though over, delayed getting parts for our truck. It should have been a 2 week fix, but its been a month. Last report was it was in the paint shop, but I think the rainy weather is delaying them. I’m pretty sure the Forman must hav had a class in evasive answers. When I asked for a time line, the reply was “soon”
Chief RA Posted - 11/27/2019 : 10:38:33
Nissan Titans are awesome! I have the 4x4 and rated at 9.5k towing max. These are great towing vehicles! Great auto tranny and 5.6L motor
Chief
sethp001 Posted - 11/01/2019 : 09:45:41
I previously used an '03 Suburban 1500 with the 5.3l and 4WD weighing 6000 lbs. It seemed liked too much weight on the tongue. Shocks had been replaced recently. Maybe I could have gotten beefier shocks in the rear.

Since then, I've used an '06 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3l, 4WD, single cab, and short bed weighing 4000 lbs. Suspension is better for towing. I've been afraid the boat would pull the truck into the drink when launching, but that hasn't happened yet.
wm36 Posted - 10/31/2019 : 19:33:40
Years ago I bought an F-150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost motor. This was purchased to pull a new to us 25 foot Jayco travel trailer weighing about 8000 lbs. I won't say I can't tell there is anything behind me, but it tows the trailer easily. We have been up several decent passes in OR, UT, CO and no problems. Needless to say, when we bought the C250 WB we had no problems pulling it. Like Dale mentioned, it does get a little squirrely between 65-70, but I don't like to tow that fast anyway.
dalelargent Posted - 10/29/2019 : 13:41:33
It seems moot for you, given the pending repair on your truck, but in case others are interested:

I bought a 2007 tundra last spring (in excellent condition) and absolutely love it for pulling my C-25. Plenty of power. Plenty stability. Rock solid.

I base some of this opinion on 20 hours of driving Molly Jim from home to Bellingham and back for our annual cruise, which includes a few mountain passes (mount hood). I had no trouble keeping speeds up during the climbs. Easily cruises at 70 on the flats.

I do find things start to feel a little squirrelly at 75, but I don’t like to go that fast anyway due to braking distances.

I hope this helps...
MattL Posted - 10/25/2019 : 07:59:47
Insurance, thankfully decided to fix our truck instead of totaling it. $11850 estimate for repair. Wow. 16 day prediction to get it back.
islander Posted - 10/19/2019 : 15:57:49
As long as it has the 5.7 you should be good to go.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page