Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Cruising Forum
 C250 Cruising the Bahamas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DavidCrosby Posted - 03/15/2019 : 13:25:47
I was searching the web again for "Catalina 250" to see if anybody was up to anything interesting. I found the following:

Here is a guy that is new to sailing and has sailed from Key West to the Bahamas and has been exploring the Bahamas for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7-ubXZuut4&t=8s

The link above is the one found on Google. The link below is everything he has posted. There are more sailing videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/charlesgeorgeful/videos

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DavidCrosby Posted - 03/18/2019 : 20:59:35
quote:
Originally posted by Davy J

Well, I have to disagree with the title of his video.....

I have the same thoughts. I had expected to see a whole lot more when I found this video series. But, back to my point of posting this link. Here is another person that is going places with a 25 foot Catalina. I wish him the best.

Now, if you want to talk about "Blue Water," take a look below. I took this picture just shy of 10 years ago while crossing the Atlantic. It was high noon on a totally windless day. The ocean was as flat as can be. I looked over the side of the boat and there was this golden braid from the sun that was drilling its way into the depths of the ocean. At a certain point the braid flared out into a brilliant starburst. I tried to capture it with my camera. This intense blue is all that resulted.

Davy J Posted - 03/18/2019 : 06:17:27
Well, I have to disagree with the title of his video.

He added a few things to make it a little more comfortable for cruising, but not really a blue water boat.

When we owned our C25, we had set it up for longer term cruising. Including solar, 12v refrigeration, dinghy, dinghy outboard mounted on stern pulpit.

One thing for certain, our boat never looked like that inside.....
The Admiral would have certainly had a melt down....

keats Posted - 03/16/2019 : 09:52:24
quote:
Originally posted by Voyager

I don’t think I’d keep my dinghy outboard engine inside my galley tho, perhaps on the stern pulpit.

He could probably whip up some killer pina coladas though.
Voyager Posted - 03/16/2019 : 09:17:22
Wow, that’s a lot of stuff jammed into a little space! You need to have everything you need when you’re sailing semi-offshore for weeks or months at a time. I don’t think I’d keep my dinghy outboard engine inside my galley tho, perhaps on the stern pulpit.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page