Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 Ahoy New and Renewing Members-Thank You

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Treasurer Posted - 01/10/2013 : 17:07:26
Anyone can join this Association for a mere $22 per year ($28.00 outside US;US funds). And the benefits are plenty.

Did you know you get 1/2 off annual membership dues to BoatUS.
Saltwater or freshwater, you pay $15 instead of the usual $30.
Your membership to BoatUS includes $50 On-Water Towing AND $50 On-Road Towing!
BoatUS is the only organization that helps boaters by additionally offers:
Low cost marine insurance and low rate boat financing
600 TowBoatUS and Vessel Assists Towboats in 300 ports
Member Rewards for shopping at West Marine and 4%back
Discounts at marinas on fuel, overnight slips and repairs
Free On-line boating safety course
24/7 On-the-Water and On-the-Road towing dispatch
and much, much more.
Additionally, if you buy Marine Insurance thru BoatUS, our Catalina 25 Association will receive $4 for every application we generate. Shortly we will have a link on our site for you to click on to purchase insurance.
This should be enough to entice you to join Catalina 25, C250 and Capri25 International Association in our First Annual Membership Drive. We the Officers, Staff and current membership understand you know the value of what this Association offers. Over the next several months, we will describe additional benefits. You will get a chance to hear from members as well.
We want to CONTINUE to be the BEST online boating association EVER. That can only happen by building on our membership. The experiences, information and knowledge we share with one another is invaluable. We need your help to continue to make this work for all of us.
We, the Officers, hope you take advantage of what we have to offer by becoming a Member. On the top right of any page, there is a link to "Join". Payment can be made by PayPal or check(US and Canada only).
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Commodore Posted - 03/24/2020 : 22:16:49
quote:
Originally posted by Commodore

quote:
Originally posted by Voyager

After I noticed last summer that I was a former member, I sent a check for two years’ membership. For awhile I was reinstated as current but recently I find I’m back to former status. I’ll send another check for 2 years I reckon.

Bruce,
I'll be glad to research what happened.
Yes, if someone sends in a 2-years of dues, we extend your membership for 2-years.
Also, I don't check the forum everyday, so send me an email for a faster response.
Russ

Bruce,
Thank you for your email.
I think we can agree the situation is not exactly as described.
Yes, you have been a long-time member.
Yes, there were delays in depositing mailed checks.
Yes, updating the website for forum status is a manual process for mailed checks, which also delays the process.
Yes, mistakes were made.
Yes, you are given 2-years of membership for 2-years of dues.
No, the comment of "last summer' is misleading.
Yes, we could use more volunteers to update the website, including the Forum status.
Voyager Posted - 03/24/2020 : 21:29:00
quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

[quote]Originally posted by Voyager

(You know the definition of insanity... )

Dave, I think you hit the nail on the head!
Commodore Posted - 03/24/2020 : 19:29:59
quote:

After I noticed last summer that I was a former member, I sent a check for two years’ membership. For awhile I was reinstated as current but recently I find I’m back to former status. I’ll send another check for 2 years I reckon.

Bruce,
I'll be glad to research what happened.
Yes, if someone sends in a 2-years of dues, we extend your membership for 2-years.
Also, I don't check the forum everyday, so send me an email for a faster response.
Russ
Stinkpotter Posted - 03/23/2020 : 20:27:08
quote:

...I’ll send another check for 2 years I reckon.
Your evidence would seem to indicate they don't do 2-year dues payments. I suggest $22. (You know the definition of insanity... )
Voyager Posted - 03/23/2020 : 13:50:04
Voyager Posted - 05/02/2018 : 04:14:53
Hola
omg I just noticed now that I’m a former member. ! Somewhere, somehow, February slipped away and I don’t recall getting a bill or reminder to send in my check. I’d like to become a formerly former member, what can I do?
Steve Milby Posted - 02/27/2017 : 17:12:40
Thanks Scott. I'll try to save it where I can find it next year.
islander Posted - 02/27/2017 : 17:11:00
Steve, The members log in password is different from your forum log in that is why you are having trouble. I'll try and send you an email.
Steve Milby Posted - 02/27/2017 : 14:47:26
FYI, I just tried to renew my membership online, but was unsuccessful, so I am having my bank mail a check to the Fayetteville address. It will not be accompanied by an application form, but my personal info hasn't changed. My bank's check will arrive in 7-10 days.

The membership registration software wants me to log in, but it won't accept the password that I use for the forum. Thus, I can't get past the login window to a Paypal window. I don't know if it's a flaw in the software or my ineptness.
redeye Posted - 01/28/2015 : 04:31:24
Where do I mail a check? for some reason when I select join my server at work blocks the site..

We are having some hickups as we convert to electronic medical records.

OLarryR Posted - 01/21/2015 : 04:59:22
Jim,

To post a picture, in the new or reply screen to postings, run your cursor over the icons in the Format Row (the Format row shows up in the new posting or reply posting screen, it is the list of icons in the 3rd row from the top of those screens)...toward the end of the icons is one that states "Insert Image" when you place your cursor over it. Click on that icon. That will place something similar to the following in your message part of your posting: "(image)...(/image)" except that it will show brackets in place of the parenthesis that I listed and it will list img instead of image.

Then you copy the url of your picture...it has to be a picture that is on the web. What you do is right click on the picture and select properties, then copy that url, for example,..."http://www........jpg" or something similar and then paste that url (but do not use the quotation marks in my example) in between the brackets of "(image)...(/image)", that is, you paste the picture's url in place of where I listed the 3 dots. Actually, there will not be 3 dots but just a space and what you do is paste the url into the space between the brackets. I showed the 3 dots to just make it clear where you need to paste the url.

Then you can click on preview to see if your picture does indeed show up in your posting.
wanderer13 Posted - 01/20/2015 : 22:05:08
Hello all,

I am a new association member - didn't see an introduction sticky so maybe it belongs here? Anyway, I'm Jim and I live in Newport RI.

I can't figure out how to post pictures on the forum, yet but as soon as I do, I'll put up some of my boat: 1981 Catalina 25 Fin Keel, Tall Rig - "Believer". I'm not new to sailing, but she's the first boat I've owned. I bought her in pretty sad shape and spent the last year refitting... and sailing... and fixing... I have put a lot of work and she still needs more.

I've found Don Casey's book to be a really valuable (but general) resource. I'm looking forward to reading some of the great advice in this forum, and maybe offering some of my own.

Jim
frog0911 Posted - 11/26/2014 : 22:31:24
Since my membership does not expire until 6-30-2015, why do I continue to get EM and snail mail to pay my dues before my membership expires and I loose my Mainsheet subscription? I wander how many other members the association pays for to have these extra mailings?
Stinkpotter Posted - 11/25/2014 : 11:26:55
quote:
Originally posted by britinusa

<font color="green">...Honorary Members may not vote, may not hold office and may not skipper a Catalina 25, Catalina 250 or Capri 25 sloop in sanctioned races...</font id="green">
OK, OK,... Can't wait to not be able to do all of those things. (Wait--I already can't!)
JB Posted - 11/25/2014 : 10:33:25
Returning member. I've had my boat out of the water for a few years. Actually it's still out of the water, but I intend to float her next season (2015). I used Pay Pal and I have access to the member's area, but I'm still showing up as guest.
dmpilc Posted - 08/29/2014 : 09:40:48
Sent renewal this week (last week?). Please let me know if it went through.
Chief RA Posted - 12/07/2013 : 21:17:44
Treasurer: I just informed delliottg that I joined as I promised I would but, also informed him that my membership shows it expired the same day (today) I joined! See if you can correct my renew date to 12/07/2014 instead of 2013 for me. Thanks, Chief
Treasurer Posted - 05/23/2013 : 15:45:24
I am finding a lot of renewing members are not adding themselves to the Member System. I am wondering if you are aware of it or something else. Please let us, the officers, know. Thanks,
Steve
dmpilc Posted - 03/19/2013 : 15:21:12
I just renewed. Keep up the great work, guys. not sure I did it right. May come in looking like a new join.
Voyager Posted - 03/16/2013 : 08:19:21
Wow! My check is still somewhere in the mail. One of these days, once they get the bugs worked out, I'll join paypal.
Treasurer Posted - 03/02/2013 : 12:02:44
I just want to thank those(you know who you are) renewing members who have taken the time to add their info in the Members Area. This saves the Officers(me) from doing it manually. So please when you renew, add yourself. Many Thanks,
Steve
Voyager Posted - 02/24/2013 : 19:48:57
I've been a member for a little while now - worth every dime. I see how hard the officers and Paul (Britinusa) works and how much they care about our association. That's what makes this association different - why it's more like great hangout. And finally, it's responsible for helping me find Passage (many of you know the story).
And oh by the way • check is def in the mail…
piseas Posted - 02/23/2013 : 12:13:16
quote:
Originally posted by britinusa

quote:
Originally posted by Stinkpotter

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Diver

...AND.... consider purchasing an [url="http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/shipstore/burgee.asp"]Association Burgee[/url]! Fly it proudly.
I would, but.......

Quote from the Association By-Laws:
<font color="green">Honorary Member: An Honorary Member shall be defined as any other person that joins the Association and whose membership dues are paid current. Honorary Members may not vote, may not hold office and may not skipper a Catalina 25, Catalina 250 or Capri 25 sloop in sanctioned races unless approved by a vote of the Officers (Article VIII, Section B).</font id="green">

Paul

Dave, I think Paul was trying to say, as an Honorary Member, you do qualify to purchase and fly a burgee from this Association. I believe I have only 1 left with your name on it. I am still awaiting your order.
Steve
piseas Posted - 02/02/2013 : 16:12:34
Rick, First let me apologize for taking so long to get back to your issue. Yes, you are correct re the $50. It is toward towing your boat. I did a cut and paste from their website in the hopes that there would be no misunderstanding. Guess I missed the mark.
Steve Auerbach, Treasurer
TakeFive Posted - 01/26/2013 : 17:19:34
I just renewed. For some reason, the email reminders get filtereed into a subfolder on my email, so I miss seeing them.

quote:
Originally posted by Treasurer

Anyone can join this Association for a mere $22 per year ($28.00 outside US;US funds). And the benefits are plenty.

Did you know you get 1/2 off annual membership dues to BoatUS.
Saltwater or freshwater, you pay $15 instead of the usual $30.
Your membership to BoatUS includes $50 On-Water Towing AND $50 On-Road Towing!...

Please double-check this. I think your wording may be misleading. I think that BoatUS wil pay up to $50 toward towing costs, not tow your boat for $50. There's a huge difference between getting towed for $50 and getting $50 off a towing bill!

If they'll tow my boat for $50 please let me know, because I'll drop the $125 unlimited towing plan.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page