Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 250 Specific Forum
 Using a compound on the floor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dmarion Posted - 04/20/2021 : 10:17:15
The surface of the floor under the cockpit (aft) is scratched in several places. This is the result of dragging the battery and other stuff. I use the place to store various objects.
As it looks like gelcoat, I am wondering if I could use a compound with a buffer to erase those surface scratches and then wax everything just like we do with the hull. A good idea or do you have a better one? I promise to be more careful in the future.... :-)
Thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Voyager Posted - 04/22/2021 : 12:58:22
Is that the quarterberth? Ohhh! I thought it was the cockpit sole (floor). Carpet is nice in that spot provided it stays dry. Leaks happen.
Stinkpotter Posted - 04/22/2021 : 12:19:08
You say under the cockpit... meaning the aft berth? There isn't much danger of slipping or falling there--do whatever pleases you. If you're not using the cushions, How 'bout a piece of carpet
dmarion Posted - 04/22/2021 : 10:54:56
Will do. Thanks.
zeil Posted - 04/22/2021 : 09:50:22

Suggest to cover the aft floor area with economical, insulating, anti-slip, removable, interlocking, fatigue mats available anywhere including Home-depot and Wall-mart stores

When moving heavy objects, like batteries, use an old towel to slide things easily over the mats.

dmarion Posted - 04/22/2021 : 03:52:13
Thanks, Bruce.
Voyager Posted - 04/21/2021 : 20:07:12
Daniel, I think it would be very worthwhile to clean and restore the gelcoat and non-skid on the cabin sole, BUT I would not advise that you put any wax of one sort or another on the floor. You could slip on it and get injured.

Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page