Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Elliot Pattison blade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim D
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
9 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/23/2020 :  11:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Collecting quotes for a blade, and EP has given me a nice option.. is anyone sailing EP sails? Any feedback would be appreciated... Im teetering between the 95% gold aramid blade and a dacron version...

Hope your somewhere warm enough to hoist and go!

Jim D
SV Lunacy
Capri 25

SailTowery
1st Mate

Members Avatar

64 Posts

Response Posted - 01/23/2020 :  13:30:29  Show Profile  Visit SailTowery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Jim! There are quite a few EP sails in the Wyzata fleet. My sailmaker is Ballard Sails in Seattle and they have made me some fast sails. Doesn't hurt to get a quote.

Ben
Little Wing
Hull #422
https://www.facebook.com/capri25littlewing/
Go to Top of Page

Jim D
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
9 Posts

Response Posted - 01/25/2020 :  15:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I sent them specs and a request!

Jim D
SV Lunacy
Capri 25
Go to Top of Page

TCurran
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
588 Posts

Response Posted - 01/26/2020 :  05:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, last year I bought an EP main during their fall sail (usually 20% off) and very happy with it. This year, taking Ben's advise, I bought a 140 from Ballard and can not complain at all. I've only sailed it one time so far and could see and feel a huge difference over my old one. I think you would do well with either loft. I do like that Ballard made my sail in their loft, EP sends them out (overseas somewhere). Just my two cents.

Tom Curran
1981 Capri 25 Hull #101 "Dirty Debbie"
1988 Watkins 30
PAFB, FL
Go to Top of Page

Jim D
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
9 Posts

Response Posted - 01/29/2020 :  17:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys...after shopping around, a local Ulman shop came to my boat, measured and gave me a great deal...He looked over my inventory and took my current main,is adding reef points (didnt have any), and will deliver my new sail and main at the end of Feb!
Phil Doggett at Hayes Sails, in Gloucester VA...nice guy, no pressure, so we shall see!

Jim D
SV Lunacy
Capri 25
Go to Top of Page

SailTowery
1st Mate

Members Avatar

64 Posts

Response Posted - 01/30/2020 :  08:03:01  Show Profile  Visit SailTowery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Keep us posted on how the updates work out.

Ben
Little Wing
Hull #422
https://www.facebook.com/capri25littlewing/
Go to Top of Page

Jim D
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
9 Posts

Response Posted - 02/02/2020 :  15:02:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will do! When its time to update/upgrade Main and #1 (probabley 2021) , I plan on hitting Ballards up! Thank for everyones input...

Jim D
SV Lunacy
Capri 25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page