Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 79 Catalina 25' convertible.swing keel
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dflynnatc
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
65 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/29/2017 :  17:54:12  Show Profile
Looking to sell/give OR dispose of a Catalina 25 in Rock Hall, Md. https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/6172522904.html

Dennis Flynn
1979 C-25 SR/SK
Hull 1042
Rock Hall,MD
Via
Skippack, PA

Edited by - dflynnatc on 06/12/2017 07:56:47

BCG-Woodbury
Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
396 Posts

Response Posted - 06/02/2017 :  07:27:09  Show Profile
I have some interest but must have a working trailer. Would need to have it hauled to CT. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that.

Thanks,

Brian & JoAnne Gleissner
Knot So Fast
1984 Catalina 25, SR/SK
Traditional Interior
Lake Candlewood, CT
Go to Top of Page

dflynnatc
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
65 Posts

Response Posted - 06/02/2017 :  13:57:23  Show Profile
https://delaware.craigslist.org/mas/6155326211.html

I've seen these guys and others under Services>Marine on Craigslist. No idea how much they would charge.

Dennis Flynn
1979 C-25 SR/SK
Hull 1042
Rock Hall,MD
Via
Skippack, PA
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 06/02/2017 :  17:30:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BCG-Woodbury

I have some interest but must have a working trailer. Would need to have it hauled to CT. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that.

Thanks,

I'd be leery. Looks like the boat is sitting down on the swing keel so wonder how much damage may have been done while trailering.

Then again, might be a good test bed for testing out "springs" that would reduce the force of the keel as it swings back after going over a stump or something similar.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX

Edited by - GaryB on 06/02/2017 17:32:17
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 06/02/2017 :  19:16:35  Show Profile
The hull seems well supported on the trailer and he's said the trailer was converted to be a cradle for storage--not road-worthy... As long as the swing keel isn't also supporting the hull, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and "trust but verify"--as always for a 38 year-old boat. If planning to sail or restore her, I'd do a professional pre-purchase survey.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 06/03/2017 07:25:14
Go to Top of Page

BCG-Woodbury
Mainsheet Editor

Members Avatar

USA
396 Posts

Response Posted - 06/07/2017 :  05:57:25  Show Profile
Dennis - I see the Craigslist posting expired, did you sell the boat? I really need a boat and trailer so unless that trailer can be fixed up for the road, it's not for me. If you can't sell it, maybe donate it and take the tax write off. Last resort, part it out.

Regards,

Brian & JoAnne Gleissner
Knot So Fast
1984 Catalina 25, SR/SK
Traditional Interior
Lake Candlewood, CT
Go to Top of Page

dflynnatc
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
65 Posts

Response Posted - 06/12/2017 :  07:55:50  Show Profile
Post expired but is renewed....https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/6172522904.html. However begun donation process. Waiting to hear if they'll take.

For what it's worth, I set trailer up the way the trailer was set up from whence it came. Took pictures etc. It had traveled from Passadena, Md to NE PA, then down to Maryland eastern shore on _that_ set up. Launched with no issue. I placed it on this trailer and it has probably about .5 miles on it traveling on trailer in this config.

I did have my concerns, but, for better or worse, went with the known and some cautionary advice from this forum. Allowing the SK to release tension off the winch.

Dennis Flynn
1979 C-25 SR/SK
Hull 1042
Rock Hall,MD
Via
Skippack, PA
Go to Top of Page

dflynnatc
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
65 Posts

Response Posted - 06/27/2017 :  13:06:24  Show Profile
Boat off to a new home. Will reside in a pond for use as yard art/ play structure. Gentleman posed a question that I thought was a bad idea... but said I would seek more information. The Mast will be installed, but sails will not be installed; could the swing keel be removed without effecting the stability of it floating in a still pond?

Dennis Flynn
1979 C-25 SR/SK
Hull 1042
Rock Hall,MD
Via
Skippack, PA
Go to Top of Page

offshoreaccount
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
71 Posts

Response Posted - 07/02/2017 :  11:05:03  Show Profile
Any chance you are parting out non floating pieces? Specifically looking for the stern rail.

Offshore Account, 1977 Hull #243. SR, SK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page