Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 Catalina 25 Trailer for Sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Monomachos
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
21 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/27/2020 :  19:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1990 TrailRite Trailer for Catalina 25 Wing Keel, Swing Keel.

So my C-25 was totalled from damage in Hurricane Sally. My trailer was far away and unharmed.

Trailer is original to the vessel (1990 SR/WK) made by TrailRite. I have title. It is steel but has been recently sanded and repainted. Rollers are galvanized and keel rest has recently been replaced with treated 2x6s. Tandem axle. Ready for interstate travel.

Whilst designed for a wing keel, I am told on good authority that this can work for swing keels as well with some slight mods.
Surge brakes and recently rewired for functioning lights. Tires and bearing replaced in 2018 and it has been on exactly 2 trips. Two spares are included as well as a flip-down wheel hub for strap launching.

Located near Mobile, AL. Looking for $2,000 and will deliver within 250 miles or so.

I am not quite sure how to post pictures here, but if you are interested, please text me at 251-714-0308 and I will be happy to send pics and speak with you via phone. Or email me at jamesloxleycompton at gmail dot com. Though phone is probably easier.

Thanks all,

James Loxley Compton

James Loxley Compton
C-25 SR/WK #5999 Erebus
Orange Beach, AL

Edited by - Monomachos on 10/27/2020 19:29:51

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 10/30/2020 :  17:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry for the loss of your boat. Sounds like a great deal, however have you considered getting a new to you C25 and continuing sailing?

Peter Bigelow
C-25 TR/FK #2092 Limerick
Rowayton, Ct
Port Captain: Rowayton/Norwalk/Darien CT
Go to Top of Page

oldengineer1949
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
75 Posts

Response Posted - 01/25/2021 :  13:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James,

this is Al Corson (OldEngineer1949), owner of Pualani Nui, a Catalina 25 Swing Keel. I hope your trailer is still for sale, Pu needs it badly! I called your number and left a message. Let's talk. I'll email you as well; my email is alan underscore corson atsign verizon dot net. Hope you still have the trailer.

Regards,

Al and Bernadette, "Pualani Nui", '82 C25 SR/SK, homeport MCB Quantico
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page