Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Association Business
 Membership
 How do I post a video?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caribbean Soul
Deckhand

Member Avatar

USA
19 Posts

Initially Posted - 05/09/2020 :  06:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found how to post a pic, but how to I post a link to a video? It errors me when I try.

Caribbean Soul - Ithaca NY - C25 - 1983 - SR/FK - Traditional layout - #3429 - She's Fixin' a Boat - Help!! :)

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 05/09/2020 :  08:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not believe you can add a video using the Forum’s codes, only photos. The photo code requires the photos URL location including the file name and file extension.jpg
If that were an mp4, a .mov or a video-based file extension, I believe that the forum code would error out as you have seen.
I posted a link to a video, which would open in a new browser or a native player. You can point to an asset on a CDN Origin server too, but again it must open in a new window or browser.
The forum code [ img] url of the image / picture.jpg [\img] I think only supports jpgs.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

Russ.Johnson
Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
833 Posts

Response Posted - 05/10/2020 :  08:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sahara,

Bruce is right. Imbedded video is not supported.
You can only post a link to an external site (YouTube).
After 20+ years and website run by volunteers the forum is showing it’s age.
We are always looking for help.

Russ Johnson
Commodore

Russ Johnson
2005 C250WB Hull 793
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 05/10/2020 :  10:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Russ, This Forum is one of the most awesome sources of C25/250Capri25 - specific information on the entire interweb! In this case it’s the message, not the medium, that counts.

IMHO one of the great things that helps keep the lid on here (unlike other, more “advanced” forms of web media) is that we have a few technical limitations like inability to post videos, especially auto play videos that you see frequently on other websites.

Banner Ads, Auto play videos, pre-roll ads have all become a reality as well as a bane to our existence. I prefer that when you click on a website here the forum opens a new browser page and shows the information without changing the view in your original window.

It may seem clunky but it’s excellent bullshiite repellant. It’s the ideal platform, thank you all for keeping it going all these years. I’d be lost without it.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

Russ.Johnson
Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
833 Posts

Response Posted - 05/10/2020 :  18:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce,

Thank you for your reply.
I’m glad to hear you prefer the current feature of not imbedding video.
Regarding banner ads, I find that retailers have the most.
I have a Bass Pro account and you have to close 4 pop-up and can’t close the banner ads.

Also, keep in mind 80% of our Forum Registrations are hackers, spammers, or bots.
As a long-time member, I’m sure you know a few of them get through.
I wouldn’t want to see the videos they would post.

I agree, we could do a better job setting the right expectations on what’s available.
Thank you for your support.
Russ

Russ Johnson
2005 C250WB Hull 793
Go to Top of Page

Caribbean Soul
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
19 Posts

Response Posted - 05/10/2020 :  18:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. Russ - once I figure it out and I know something about boats I'll be happy to help. :)

Caribbean Soul - Ithaca NY - C25 - 1983 - SR/FK - Traditional layout - #3429 - She's Fixin' a Boat - Help!! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page