Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Considering selling 1986 SR FK M12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SKS
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
161 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/27/2019 :  08:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering upsizing to a Catalina 30. Lots of them around.
I'd sell my 1986 Catalina 25 standard rig, fin keel with the M12 diesel.
I'm trying to gauge if anyone on this board might have an interest ?
I'm in Norwalk CT.
We can talk about price if anyone is genuinely interested. I'm thinking in the $9,000 range.

"Lady E" 1986 Catalina 25: Fin Keel, Standard Rig, Inboard M12 Diesel, Sail No. 5339
Sailing out of Norwalk Cove Marina, Connecticut

Edited by - SKS on 12/27/2019 08:51:34

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 12/27/2019 :  09:22:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steven, while I’m not interested in upgrading to an inboard diesel version of Passage, this model is unique and prized among the fleet. It might be worthwhile to submit a posting in the SWAP MEET section of the forum to get additional eyes on your post. More details on the interior layout, recent upgrades, extra features of your boat and a photo or two would be helpful.

Because the engine is located beneath and aft of the companionway stairs, have you found that you lose storage space or you require additional sound insulation due to the placement of the engine?

Where is the fuel tank located? Port fender locker (aka the dumpster), under the starboard settee or in the quarterberth?
I assume it has a deck fill cap somewhere near the water tank fill?

Any details on “mileage” using the engine? For example, I run about 5kts at 1.5 hours per gallon of gasoline, so that’s 7.5 nm per gal, or 9 statute miles per gal.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Edited by - Voyager on 12/27/2019 09:29:58
Go to Top of Page

SKS
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
161 Posts

Response Posted - 12/27/2019 :  13:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The engine is under the cockpit,so the quarterberth is a little smaller, but still big enough for one person. The fuel tank is under the v berth. The black water tank is under the port settee. The fresh water tank and the two batteries are under the starboard settee. The engine sips about 1/2 gallon N hour of diesel at about 5.5 knots. The fuel tank holds 14 gallons. No need for additional insulation, since I'm generally in the cockpit while the engine is running. Can I cross post this somehow ?

"Lady E" 1986 Catalina 25: Fin Keel, Standard Rig, Inboard M12 Diesel, Sail No. 5339
Sailing out of Norwalk Cove Marina, Connecticut
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 12/28/2019 :  07:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steven, Looks like the info is out on the Swap Meet page now.
Best of luck on the sale and your purchase of a larger Catalina.

While the C30s are a fine boat, my fave in that range was the Catalina 309 (very limited run in the ‘00s) and the C315s. Being a decade or two newer than the original 30s they’re also a good bit pricier, but excellent deals can be had at this time of year.

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT

Edited by - Voyager on 12/28/2019 07:45:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page