Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Loading cat 25 on trail rite trailer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johete
Deckhand

Member Avatar

6 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/26/2019 :  22:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what Trail Rite trailers used to support the tounge of the trailer when using 20' extension. Boat is Catalina 25 fixed keel. The extension is going to bend when going up up ramp. Which I think tounge of trailer will hit ramp. Do not want to damage tounge on trailer. Should I use pneumatic caster or wheels that swivels. Since the extension is off center of trailer. Any advice would be appreciated

Akenumber
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Response Posted - 10/07/2019 :  16:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine has a roughly 10 inch wheel mounted in the area of a trailer jack. It does touch the ramp an the tongue extension does flex quite a bit. I have never driven over the top of the ramp with it out. I can slide it in with it still hooked up with a pair of wheel chocks while still on the straight part of the ramp.

Ken
San Diego
84 C25 SR/FK 4116
The KRAKEN

Go to Top of Page

johete
Deckhand

Members Avatar

6 Posts

Response Posted - 10/31/2019 :  14:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ken. Was able to install 10" caster wheel it went very well for our first time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page