Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 1988 for sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hewebb
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Initially Posted - 04/06/2019 :  03:27:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking about selling my boat. I rarely sail it anymore. It is a 1988 wing keel with a Universal diesel inboard. There are 30+ hours on the engine since factory re-man. All hosed etc in engine room were replaced with engine rebuild. All the lines on the boat are new in the past few years except the main sheet. Main Sail new 2016 with double reef system. New 150 jib 2018 on Harkin furler.Also have a 110. other sails are 1 asymmetrical spinnaker and 1 symmetrical spinnaker. Jib sheets are regatta braid new 2018. Four jib cars. two self tailing winches for jib. Two cabin top winches and two spinnaker winches. Tweaker lines with snatch blocks. Removable bow spirit. Spinnaker pole, large whisker pole. All lights are LED, except steaming light. Closed cell foam cockpit cushions. Four rope clutches.New bottom job 2017. Lots of extra items. Interior cushions recovered with Sunbrella. Power water system. Automatic bilge pump. Auto tiller. 12 Volt plug in cockpit. Binimi, Sunbrella boat cover, 8" X 27" fenders. Lots of extra line, Boom tent. New toilet.
VHF radio. Ten thousand pound trailer has new tires. Comes with mast raising system.
Asking $12,000.00

Link to some photos:
https://www.catalina-capri-25s.net/cgi-local/MBR_gallery.cgi?Album+2095+73
Boat is in slip at Joe pool lake. Paid thru August. I need the boat for a 100 mile race in May. We are leaving June 2d for a three month trip.
Boat will be in RV storage unit while we are traveling.

1988 WK/SR w/inboard diesel Joe Pool Lake
Hobie 18 Lake Worth

Life is not a dress rehearsal. You will not get another chance.

Edited by - hewebb on 04/11/2019 04:05:10

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 04/06/2019 :  07:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! That might be most well-found C-25 in existence!

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

MollyD
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
1 Posts

Response Posted - 04/22/2019 :  19:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi: I'm interested in your boat. We are looking to purchase a catalina 25 with trailer by the end of May at the latest, when is your race? Molly

quote:
Originally posted by hewebb

I am thinking about selling my boat. I rarely sail it anymore. It is a 1988 wing keel with a Universal diesel inboard. There are 30+ hours on the engine since factory re-man. All hosed etc in engine room were replaced with engine rebuild. All the lines on the boat are new in the past few years except the main sheet. Main Sail new 2016 with double reef system. New 150 jib 2018 on Harkin furler.Also have a 110. other sails are 1 asymmetrical spinnaker and 1 symmetrical spinnaker. Jib sheets are regatta braid new 2018. Four jib cars. two self tailing winches for jib. Two cabin top winches and two spinnaker winches. Tweaker lines with snatch blocks. Removable bow spirit. Spinnaker pole, large whisker pole. All lights are LED, except steaming light. Closed cell foam cockpit cushions. Four rope clutches.New bottom job 2017. Lots of extra items. Interior cushions recovered with Sunbrella. Power water system. Automatic bilge pump. Auto tiller. 12 Volt plug in cockpit. Binimi, Sunbrella boat cover, 8" X 27" fenders. Lots of extra line, Boom tent. New toilet.
VHF radio. Ten thousand pound trailer has new tires. Comes with mast raising system.
Asking $12,000.00

Link to some photos:
https://www.catalina-capri-25s.net/cgi-local/MBR_gallery.cgi?Album+2095+73
Boat is in slip at Joe pool lake. Paid thru August. I need the boat for a 100 mile race in May. We are leaving June 2d for a three month trip.
Boat will be in RV storage unit while we are traveling.

Molly dearing
Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 04/23/2019 :  04:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The race starts Friday May 17th, Depending on wind, will end Saturday or early Sunday morning. The race is on Lake Worth staged out of the Lake Worth Sailing Club. I will pull the boat Sunday, drop the mast and take to storage, unless you want to sail/purchase it. You can send me an e-mail: hwebb1941@gmail.com

Hobie 18 Lake Worth

Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 05/14/2019 :  04:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have pulled the boat and it is on the trailer ready to go. Trailer has new tires. If someone wants it and will come get it before May29th I will let it go for $10,000.00 Cash. Other wise it will go to storage until we return from our trip in September.
We decided to leave all the dishes and supplies in the boat when it sells. This boat is ready to drop in the water and go.

Hobie 18 Lake Worth

Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 06/01/2019 :  03:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boat is sold. New owner took delivery May 31st.
. Deciding to sell was a hard decision. I was only sailing it three or four times a year. I was sad to see it go

Hobie 18 Lake Worth

Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 06/01/2019 :  10:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! and Condolences also. Probably had many great adventures,however, you never know what’s around the next bend in the road and now you’ll know that such a well-found boat will get a good workout and make somebody else’s adventures come true.
And I’ve always said that my next boat is gonna be a jet ski!
Fair winds

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page