Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Cruising Forum
 C250 Cruising Europe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DavidCrosby
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
229 Posts

Initially Posted - 02/18/2019 :  14:33:17  Show Profile  Visit DavidCrosby's Homepage
I recently did a Google search for "Catalina 250" and was poking through the images to see if there was anything interesting to see. I tend to do this from time to time. I like looking at pictures of 250's that are for sale to get ideas for upgrades, etc.

Anyhow, I found the following Catalina 250 that is for sale: I thought the description was quite interesting.

"Here we have an impressive, fully loaded and highly spec’d Catalina 250 that has just returned from an amazing European tour lasting 5 months and the trip included France, Serbia and Greece.

The vendors bought this boat early in 2018 with the intention of doing this trip and they spent lots of money getting it prepared for all types of sailing and motoring and for weeks aboard without marina facilities. The upgrades include adding an extra water tank, generator, two new batteries, upgraded gas stove top and a 2.3m inflatable. It will be hard to find another 26 foot trailerable yacht with as many extras as this one has. Every home comfort that the vendors also bought for the trip will remain on the boat as they cannot take the items home with them. Items include pots & pans, kettle, food processor. Everything on the boat will be included with the boat.

The space inside the cabin is really impressive especially when the canopy is up which then adds a couple of extra feet of headroom. The canopy is fitted with mosquito nets all the way around so it can be left open on warm summer evenings.

The vendors bought ‘Sea Knight’ specifically to do this trip and had a fabulous experience with it. They are now returning to their home abroad hence the reason for sale."

David Crosby "Small World"
'02 C250 WK #614

zeil
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Canada
1297 Posts

Response Posted - 02/18/2019 :  17:33:10  Show Profile

It does not take a great deal to transform the 25ft, C250 into a petit live-aboard by a "younger", couple, and sail/motor the canals, lakes and rivers all the way from northern tip of Holland through routes to Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland to the Riviera

Add the C250WB boat trailer and a truck and you're all set to include side trips to a lot more countries and... take your bikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioZPIxrV5xM&t=98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGZwu0UDIhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N39yam6mGU

You may have to speak a few more languages though

Henk & Johanna
"Floating", a few off your "barnacles".
"Someday Lady" '95 C250WB #151 ('03 - 2016)
"Sea ya" 30ft Bayliner (04-2018 - 09-2018)
"Mariah" '96 C250WB #191 (05-2019 - 15-05-2023)
"Lady J" '00 C250WK #499 (05-2021 - 09-2022)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page