Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Swap Meet
 SOLD: 135 Hank-on Genoa - 1 Season of use
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Initially Posted - 09/14/2017 :  11:32:33  Show Profile
The admiral and I are considering swapping over to a roller furling setup next season and instead of modifying the 135 that we just purchased, thought it might be best to start with a sail designed for a furler.

Still kind of on the fence, but thought it would be good to see if anyone on here would be interested for next season and we could setup a sale.

Sail has this season of use and has been kept in excellent condition and really has been a great sail for us. Definitely won't get rid of it if we don't switch to a furler.

Its a 135% Rolly Tasker from National Sail Supply. Has a leach line, tell-tales and really nice hanks.

I'm willing to work a deal if anyone ends up being interested. We should know whether we're switching over or not after the Annapolis Boat Show coming up in October.

Here are a couple photos:

Captain Rob & Admiral Alyson
"David Buoy"-1985 C25 SK/SR #5053

Edited by - DavidBuoy on 11/08/2017 10:04:25

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 09/14/2017 :  18:03:11  Show Profile
Going to a roller furler will be the best investment you ever make! I single-hand almost all the time and going from a hank-on to a furler made me decide to keep the boat. I was on the verge of selling it because of almost getting tossed off the bow a few times when trying to release the sail so I could raise it and especially when lowering it and trying to get it secured.

I almost always sail using just the 150, no main, so it's as easy as pulling a line in the cockpit to roll out the sail and another to roll it up. I never leave the cockpit.

It saves a ton of time when getting ready to go out and when coming back. Get on the boat, start the motor, untie the lines, go sailing. Same thing in reverse when coming in. It's almost like a powerboat!

If you can swing it I'd recommend the Harken Mark IV but any of the furlers with ball bearings in the drum work very nice.

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX

Edited by - GaryB on 09/14/2017 18:05:11
Go to Top of Page

trbagpiper
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
33 Posts

Response Posted - 09/21/2017 :  11:43:54  Show Profile
I'd be interested if you decide to go furler

Jim Ventimiglia
Toms River Yacht Club
'78 Cat 25 #945 SK/SR "Pipe Dream"
Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 10/03/2017 :  04:33:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by trbagpiper

So boat show is this weekend and I'm pretty sure that we've decided to make the change and this sail will be available. I will follow to confirm after this weekend. I also have a good shape hank-on 110% and storm jib that I would most likely be selling as well. Let me know if interested.

Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 10/03/2017 :  06:11:40  Show Profile
Like Gary, on an evening sail to nowhere, my wife and I would often go genny-alone... Pull one string and you're sailing--pull another and you're done! (And if a furler is bad for performance, the Americas Cup boats, maxis, and Vendee boats probably wouldn't have them.)

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 10/03/2017 :  11:40:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by trbagpiper

PM'd

Go to Top of Page

DavidBuoy
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
707 Posts

Response Posted - 11/08/2017 :  10:03:39  Show Profile
Sold to Jim V.

Thank you all

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page