Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Cruising Forum
 Sailing North?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sweetcraft
Admiral

Member Avatar

USA
816 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/17/2016 :  19:37:58  Show Profile
Wondered if anyone is traveling to Anacortes for cruising in August? We hope to travel up Interstate 5 and launch at Cape Sante Marina and spend several weeks in the Northwest San Juans and Gulf Islands. Making the trip has been an everyother year adventure and have made contact with others which does make an enjoyable part of the cruise. It also is a safety factor with travel and rigging the boat in the water after launching. Our gang use to involve up to 6 boats but we are the only ones this year. Some of the local Forum members have been a great resource for updating with the local knowledge. Let us know if your out there. Jim S

Tahoe Cruiser
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
72 Posts

Response Posted - 09/19/2016 :  18:51:55  Show Profile
The family and I would be interested in doing this in the spring as we keep our boat on Lake Tahoe for the summer. I would like to trailer up there and cruise for a week or so before launching the boat for the summer. It would be fun to have a group to go with. I have been thinking about Catalina as well as they are much closer but the San Juans are so awesome.

1998 250 WK/TR #355 "Trail Break"
Lake Tahoe California
Go to Top of Page

sweetcraft
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
816 Posts

Response Posted - 10/06/2016 :  20:13:04  Show Profile
It is safer with traveling with other cruisers so that is why I used the Forum to check. We did the 3 weeks up through the San Juans and Gulf Islands and just us. It was great and had a great time, this was my 18th time with the Snowbird. Everything worked and had no major problems. Meet a lot of other cruisers and shared the experiences. Hope to get the next cruise in two years which means we will both be 80. Ill check in again but start sooner.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page