Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 1987 Catalina 25 Wing Standard Rig For Sale
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keithsinger
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
29 Posts

Initially Posted - 01/12/2016 :  10:11:03  Show Profile  Visit keithsinger's Homepage
I'm going to post this in the swap meet forum, but I thought I'd also let the general group in on this rare opportunity to get your hands on a very, very, clean and updated Catalina 25 Wing Keel standard rig. We have moved upwards and onwards to a 36 foot sailboat, so I must part with the sailboat I've been perfecting for the last four years. It has a 2 year old T 9.8 HP engine with extra long shaft and electric start and it charges the two batteries. Around 50-75 hours on the engine altogether, probably less. I also installed a solar system that easily keeps the batteries full. All interior lights are LED. You can keep them all on for hours and it doesn't drain the batteries measurably. LED masthead light. Large anchor with around 60 feet of chain and 200 feet of line. Hank-on sails in excellent condition. Winches recently serviced. New regular and old back-up tiller. Autopilot. Fans throughout. Trailright trailer. Stainless Bimini. Pop Top with extra hatch dogs for safety. Much more. I've cruised across the Sea of Cortez and back, taken it for a week on Lake Powel with my family, cruised it from San Diego to Catalina Island and back. This sailboat is solid, proven, in amazing condition, and whoever gets it will be a lucky new owner indeed. My email is kas@azbar.org. We started asking $15,000, reduced now to $12,500, but the best offer takes it. Lots of pictures and history of my refit on my blog, referenced below. Thank you Catalina 25 Forum and best wishes to all our Catalina 25 brothers and sisters.

Boker Tov 1987 Catalina 25 Wing Standard Rig http://www.sailblogs.com/member/lemmonsway/

Edited by - keithsinger on 02/03/2016 05:01:25

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 01/12/2016 :  11:12:07  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
read your blog. has someone actually circumnavigated on a catalina 25?

Todd Lewis
Eowyn 87 TR/WK C25 #5656
ARWEN 84 TR/SK C25 #4031
www.mainsailsailingschool.com
Go to Top of Page

keithsinger
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
29 Posts

Response Posted - 01/12/2016 :  13:07:52  Show Profile  Visit keithsinger's Homepage
I doubt anyone has circumnavigated in a Catalina 25. We'd of heard of it on this forum. A Capri 25 was modified to go to Hawaii successfully. Another young man took his stock from Florida to the Bahamas and cruised there for a while. Anyone know what happened to that guy. He just sort of stopped posting. Theoretically, a Catalina 25 could circumnavigate. It has been done in smaller sailboats of less quality. But it would be a lot more comfortable to do that in something 35 feet or more. The Catalina 25 wing can safely handle long-distance, long-term cruising for one or two people, and shorter adventures for families with small kids like mine.

Boker Tov 1987 Catalina 25 Wing Standard Rig http://www.sailblogs.com/member/lemmonsway/
Go to Top of Page

sdpinaz
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
193 Posts

Response Posted - 01/12/2016 :  19:52:37  Show Profile
Keith,
we have been contemplating the same thing- getting a catalina 34. Are you going to keep the 36 in san carlos or san diego?

Scott
'88 WK/SR #5727
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 01/12/2016 :  21:23:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dasreboot

It appears to me he's talking about his Cascade 36.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Tomas Kruska
Admiral

Members Avatar

Czech Republic
522 Posts

Response Posted - 01/13/2016 :  02:25:00  Show Profile  Visit Tomas Kruska's Homepage
Keithsinger has a very nice Catalina and great blog about her.
Looks like he spent great times pulling the boat and his kids
That blog is huge.

I've just noticed earlier, he doesn't have the antifouling. This is very interesting for the boat of this age!

Good luck selling. Nice boat!

Dalpol Phobos 21, 2013, Sole Mio, hull #27, current adventures - We sail Phobos 21

PO of Catalina C25, 1978, High Anxiety, hull #701, SR, FK, L-dinette, inboard diesel Volvo Penta MD2010C w/saildrive - more info
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 01/13/2016 :  22:34:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Kruska

...I've just noticed earlier, he doesn't have the antifouling. This is very interesting...

Hs's in Arizona--very fresh water.

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

keithsinger
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
29 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2016 :  04:52:34  Show Profile  Visit keithsinger's Homepage
The sailboat is still on the market and will be located at the sailboat shop in Phoenix in early February, 2016. It will be offered at the reduced price of $12,500. It has no bottom paint because it's never been in the water for more than a week or two at a time.

Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 02/03/2016 :  06:26:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dasreboot

As I recall, a few years ago, a member posted a photo of a C25 that had reportedly been sailed from Australia to California. That's the longest passage I've heard reported in a C25. It had been so heavily modified that it sat very low on its lines. The modifications were crudely made. I remember a 2x4 was used to strengthen the pop top, and some of the blocks were hardware store grade, rather than marine grade. We asked our member to ask the owner to check in with us and tell us about his adventure, but we never heard from him.

Webb Chiles, Earnest Shackleton, William Bligh and a host of other adventurers have proven that long passages can be made in tiny, fragile cockleshells. If the boat is robustly built, you can rely more on it to keep you safe. If it is less robust, then you have to rely on your own seamanship to take care of the boat. The question is, how risk averse are you?

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

hinmo
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
248 Posts

Response Posted - 02/08/2016 :  08:34:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sdpinaz

Keith,
we have been contemplating the same thing- getting a catalina 34. Are you going to keep the 36 in san carlos or san diego?

Scott - sold my 25 and bought a 34 a couple years ago. (both gone now, another story for another time). I really miss the 25, she could be sailed single handed, whereas the 34 needed two able seaman. Only gripe on the 25 was the outboard was a little awkward

"Kukla" '83 FK,SR
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page