Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 Elliott/Pattison Sails Fleet Discount
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fleet
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
151 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/20/2015 :  11:14:17  Show Profile  Visit Fleet's Homepage
Elliott/Pattison is offering their Capri 25 Fleet discount for 2015/2016. Orders must be received by Nov 20 to get the discount. Follow the link for the flyer: http://lakeguntersvillesailingclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/BroCap25-2015-2016.pdf

Fleet
Kamikaze
1983 Hull #397
Lake Guntersville, AL

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 10/26/2015 :  17:00:33  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
Plus they make some darned pretty sails! I proudly purchased, 155, mainsail, and 135 from them. They performed great.

C&C 32 Smith Mountain Lake Virginia

Edited by - shnool on 10/26/2015 17:01:11
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 10/26/2015 :  18:41:41  Show Profile
Show up for a race with those and some folks are going to turn and go home!

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge
Go to Top of Page

jmadd
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
84 Posts

Response Posted - 10/27/2015 :  05:12:40  Show Profile
Which sails are those John? Anyone know what the different types are with regards to the C/A and C/B for the Aramid?
Go to Top of Page

Fleet
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
151 Posts

Response Posted - 10/28/2015 :  09:39:15  Show Profile  Visit Fleet's Homepage
My E/P sails are of the older type. Not sure of the differences now. Call Harry and ask him questions. He will not steer you wrong

Fleet
Kamikaze
1983 Hull #397
Lake Guntersville, AL
Go to Top of Page

shnool

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 10/28/2015 :  10:44:00  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
I'll second, call and talk to Harry. He was pretty awesome helping me pick out what would work well for me, and how I raced.

Things that lead me to what I chose, were, I usually sailed short handed (2 or 3 tops), we typically have light air, under 10 knots of breeze for most our races... We race Portsmouth, not PHRF, and our "mixed" fleet is mostly faster (rated) boats than the Capri... J/24, J22, S2 7.9, and B25.

Yes I finished before many of the above with those sails, and corrected over them most times when I didn't. Great fun! Just have to sail correctly about 75% of the time. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had also purchased a spinnaker.

He's also my first call for sails this season for my S2 for the record. Cause I know he's been working with the S2 fleet at WYC.

I looked for the picture of the receipt, to see if I could ascertain exactly what I ordered. I can't find the picture of the receipt.
I still have his quote though, and it was for a
"135% % Aramid Load Path #2 Genoa" for my number 2, and it matched my existing 155, and main... You may be able to ask to match what I had by my sail number 278, or last name Schramm.

here is a picture of the 135 in use:

By the way, I found that the 135, provided enough power at about 8 knots of wind, that sailing short handed, you almost couldn't tell the difference in speed... at 10-12 knots with just 2 of us aboard, my 135 was equal or slightly better a choice than the 155, even with wind shadows and gusts. That is as long as you popped the chute at anything greater than 100 degrees of wind. The edgy part was 90 to 110 degrees... if the leg of your race was in that AWA, you kind of sucked if you didn't have the 155, even at 8-12 knots.

Just my observations, again sailing short handed.

Edited by - shnool on 10/28/2015 11:01:15
Go to Top of Page

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 11/06/2015 :  19:43:21  Show Profile
Very impressive performance AND sweet looking to boot! Makes my C25 look lethargic!

Peter Bigelow
C-25 TR/FK #2092 Limerick
Rowayton, Ct
Port Captain: Rowayton/Norwalk/Darien CT
Go to Top of Page

shnool

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 11/09/2015 :  07:52:31  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
No longer my boat, a bitter-sweet decision for me for sure. I put a lot of time into the boat (and money). I hope the new owner loves it as much as I did.
I am, however, quite impressed with my S2. That being said the S2 is a much more "reserved" boat, despite being technically faster. I never feel like I'm on the edge as much as the Capri had me feel at times. The Capri was much more "light air" oriented. So sailing it in 25-30 knots of wind was a monumental accomplishment. Sailing the S2 in the same was like, OK, shift down to the number 3, tuck a reef in, and go get a beer, we'll stay at 20 degrees of heel, but it'll be stable enough for me to put the tiller pilot on, and go forward. The Capri you'd be looking for a wet suit.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page