Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 CDI FF4 Questions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaydon
Navigator

Member Avatar

USA
156 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/09/2015 :  13:59:48  Show Profile
Hi all,
Well, getting ready to pull the boat. Unfortunately the folks at CDI are gone til the 14th.
I will need to get at the forestay turnbuckle. If I remove the luff support pin, can I then lift the spool to get at the turnbuckle?

I will be replacing the furling line with 1/4" braid. What length do I need to get?
Thanks
Jay

Jay
South County RI
Cat 25 SR/FK/Trad
Wind Dancer

Akenumber
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Response Posted - 10/31/2015 :  11:02:29  Show Profile
Yes, that is correct. Pull the pin and the spool lifts. I installed mine a few years ago and when I stepped down the mast a year ago I didn't remember exactly how to get to the turnbuckle but it is pretty self explanatory. Make sure you have a towel and a few bungees to wrap it up, it likes to bang around on the deck. I tied mine very securely to the mast as straight as possible and I didn't get any kinks in it.

Ken
San Diego
84 C25 SR/FK 4116
The KRAKEN

Go to Top of Page

Akenumber
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
247 Posts

Response Posted - 10/31/2015 :  11:06:54  Show Profile
CatalinaLina direct sells there kit with 1/4 x 52' I want to say that's about rite.

Ken
San Diego
84 C25 SR/FK 4116
The KRAKEN

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page