Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 Where do you mount your mast wire thru-decks?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Member Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Initially Posted - 07/02/2015 :  08:08:36  Show Profile
Adding wind instrument which requires another thru-deck near the base of the mast. Where do you install your thru-decks in relation to the mast tabernacle?

1989 C25 TR/WK, #5822
1973 McVay Minuet 19
1975 Jester 12
1981 C25 SR/SK, #2428
1981 C22 SR/SK,
Tanzer 16
Sunfish

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Kenneth Grahame

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 07/02/2015 :  17:14:26  Show Profile
I only have 2. One is the factory mast lights deck plug on the port side and the second is in front of the mast for my radio wire. Find a place that you aren't going to kick with your foot if you intend on using a deck plug. My mast light plug is beat up from being kicked. The radio wire isn't a deck plug. The wire passes through the deck (water tight thru-deck) and has the connection inside the boat in the head ceiling. It is much more forgiving to being kicked.

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Edited by - islander on 07/02/2015 17:19:46
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 07/02/2015 :  17:20:07  Show Profile
I mounted mine close to the one for the mast light wires. That way, I only had to remember that there was only one area where I had to be careful of where I stepped.

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

OJ
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4382 Posts

Response Posted - 07/03/2015 :  10:38:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

I mounted mine close to the one for the mast light wires. That way, I only had to remember that there was only one area where I had to be careful of where I stepped.

Steve,

Perhaps you are a member of the CRS club?

1989 C25 TR/WK, #5822
1973 McVay Minuet 19
1975 Jester 12
1981 C25 SR/SK, #2428
1981 C22 SR/SK,
Tanzer 16
Sunfish

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Kenneth Grahame
Go to Top of Page

Steve Milby
Past Commodore

Members Avatar

USA
5851 Posts

Response Posted - 07/03/2015 :  12:06:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by OJ

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Milby

Steve,

Perhaps you are a member of the CRS club?

I googled "CRS Club" because I never heard of it, and google took me to a chatline where someone described it as a "dive-bar strip club with no dancers," in Tazewell Tennessee. They said "CRS" stands for "C (cut) R (rape) S(stab)" I trust that isn't the CRS Club to which you're referring.

By mistake, a buddy and I stopped in such a place many years ago, in my college days, but shortly thereafter we crawled out the door on our hands and knees, right after the fight and the shooting started. Ah, those were the days!!!

Steve Milby J/24 "Captiva Wind"
previously C&C 35, Cal 25, C25 TR/FK, C22
Past Commodore
Go to Top of Page

GaryB
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4275 Posts

Response Posted - 07/03/2015 :  13:55:20  Show Profile
I just learned this one the other day myself.

Can't Remember Sh%$

Association Member

GaryB
Andiamo
'89 SR/WK #5862
Kemah,TX
Go to Top of Page

cat25
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
140 Posts

Response Posted - 07/07/2015 :  11:59:02  Show Profile
Could probably mount a ss drink holder upside down to protect the plug. Then you need something to protect your toes.

Ken
Chenango~
1990~TR~WK~C25~#6022
Candlewood Lake, Ct
Go to Top of Page

upnorth-mn
Deckhand

Members Avatar

USA
16 Posts

Response Posted - 07/08/2015 :  09:07:44  Show Profile  Visit upnorth-mn's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by islander

I only have 2. One is the factory mast lights deck plug on the port side and the second is in front of the mast for my radio wire. Find a place that you aren't going to kick with your foot if you intend on using a deck plug. My mast light plug is beat up from being kicked. The radio wire isn't a deck plug. The wire passes through the deck (water tight thru-deck) and has the connection inside the boat in the head ceiling. It is much more forgiving to being kicked.

How do you run the coax for the radio antennae inside the boat for a clean looking install?

Up North - C25 SR/SK Traditional w/Pop-top #2172 / Lake Pepin
upnorth-mn@nym.hush.com

she's an old boat he says / with gate valves as seacocks / cracked and weathered teak / and sails misshapen / from close hauled tacks upwind
Go to Top of Page

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 07/08/2015 :  09:39:10  Show Profile
The cable/wire runs through the deck with a cable clam. The connection is inside the boat out of the weather. The cable clam is not my photo but is for illustration, The connection photo is mine.

Scott-"IMPULSE"87'C25/SR/WK/Din.#5688
Sailing out of Glen Cove,L.I Sound

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page