Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Capri 25 Specific Forum
 MAST STEP
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abraxis
1st Mate

Member Avatar

USA
49 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/20/2014 :  11:00:41  Show Profile
My old DS thru hull was placed under the head via a hole cut in the sole. Upon looking closely for the 1st time in 10 years, I discovered a "Brick" held in place with concrete cement? I looked because leeward stays are too loose for my liking than they have been with the rig tuned correctly as always. I'm considering pulling mast when I haul to trailer and remove brick then epoxy in a better, "in my mind," spacer between sole and hull over the keel.
Anyone have any thoughts on whether all CP-25s came this way from Catalina? ABRAXIS is a 1981 #248 and in close to pristine condition due to a lot of TLC and $ invested. Well worth it, as she is a magnificent sailer, as are all CP-25s.
Mike Burke
Bradenton, FLA.

Edited by - on

joearcht
Navigator

Members Avatar

USA
236 Posts

Response Posted - 12/20/2014 :  11:12:21  Show Profile
Does not sound standard to me. Sounds like the wood blocking may have rotted and someone's idea of a repair was to go "rot proof". I've never seen that part of my boat so I really can't say what should be there, but I worry a lot about what is in the "hidden" bilge that I can't see. I've cut a few inspection holes, may be time for another one.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

abraxis
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
49 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2014 :  09:32:27  Show Profile
Thanks for the input Joe. When I pull the boat next month, I intend to add a 10" insp. port in sole beside mast step to decide what to do.
I've always been a believer in adding insp. ports where needed keeping safe hull integrity , etc. in mind.
Mike

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

usa 63
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
42 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2014 :  13:42:50  Show Profile
I am in the middle of a massive refit of us 63 and have many pictures of how the mast step is installed. I have tried to post them here but have not been able to. If someone could help me post them, or wants to send me their email address I will send you pictures of whatever you want.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by - usa 63 on 12/22/2014 13:43:39
Go to Top of Page

jmadd
1st Mate

Members Avatar

USA
84 Posts

Response Posted - 12/22/2014 :  14:07:56  Show Profile
To upload pictures you have to register and get a login for the 'members area', which, I think, is separate from the forum logins. I also think you have to be a paid member of the association. If you have that then you login through the Members Area link at the top left. Then in your members area you'll have an additional menu in the upper left with "Manage my Albums" and "Manage my Images". There's also an "Instructions" link with more details.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

awetmore
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1144 Posts

Response Posted - 02/02/2015 :  14:03:40  Show Profile
You can also just upload the picture to imgur or another free service and include a link to it in your post.

Alex W
Seattle, WA
Express 37 "re-Quest"
previously owned 1984 Catalina 25 "Lutra"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page