Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Catalina 25 Specific Forum
 flightline spinnaker sheet
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dasreboot
Admiral

Member Avatar

803 Posts

Initially Posted - 12/03/2014 :  07:51:08  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
If I have a 50 ft spinnaker sheet and wish to strip the cover on the new england ropes flightline, how much do I strip? How much will actually go around the winch?

Edited by - on

awetmore
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1144 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2014 :  10:41:17  Show Profile
This depends on your boat's spinnaker and rigging. On a windless day you can fly the spinnaker, pole all the way forward, spinnaker sheeted hard back, and mark the sheet.

Alternatively you can measure the foot of the spinnaker and subtract that from the length of a rope run from the pole (all the way forward) to your winch.

On my boat (not a Catalina 25 anymore) I strip 11'. On a Catalina 25 I'd guess that the number is closer to 8'.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 12/03/2014 :  11:43:50  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
thanks, it'll wait till next year! :)

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

hewebb
Admiral

Members Avatar

USA
761 Posts

Response Posted - 12/05/2014 :  06:42:42  Show Profile
I do not yet have a spinnaker. Time to show my ignorance. I am wondering why you will strip the cover off.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dasreboot
Admiral

Members Avatar

803 Posts

Response Posted - 12/05/2014 :  10:31:17  Show Profile  Visit dasreboot's Homepage
light weight, so the weight of the sheet does not pull on the spinnaker in light winds. would work on your genny as well

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page