Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 Cruising Forum
 2015 Florida Get Together
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 04/16/2015 :  02:54:19  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Hi Jeremy,
Sorry, but no. I got no additional responses. Sent out a few emails to folks I know that might participate, but no luck.

Disappointing as I had planned the time off work.

Memorial day is just a month away, and there's too much to do between now and then to make it happen.

So it looks like I'll be spending Memorial day on Biscayne Bay.

[;(] Sorry to report - it's off. [;(]

Paul

Joint Decision. (Sold)
PO C250WB 2005 Sail # 841.

Moved up to C34 Eximius

Updated August 2015
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 04/16/2015 :  17:10:23  Show Profile
Why not just a social without boats. Still plenty to do, to talk about, great photo ops and folks can have a great time planning the NEXT boat meetup ( as they say in Chicago, there's always next year!). And no noseeums!

Bruce Ross
Passage ~ SR-FK ~ C25 #5032

Port Captain — Milford, CT
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 04/16/2015 :  21:39:24  Show Profile
Yup--this is reminiscent of recent (and apparently future) "national regattas"... When you plan something that presumes transporting boats or some distance cruising on a tight schedule, you find C-25/250 owners probably aren't into either. But experience a few years ago suggests that, particularly off-season, our members are interested in getting together without boats. I suspect the same might even be true in season, especially in a venue like mine around the weekend of the Wooden Boat Show at the Mystic Seaport. It's an amazing event (watch the home page slide show) that draws throngs from all over. (I might be available, but hotel rooms will be going fast, and the competition for my availability will build soon.)

Dave Bristle
Association "Port Captain" for Mystic/Stonington CT
PO of 1985 C-25 SR/FK #5032 Passage, USCG "sixpack" (expired),
Now on Eastern 27 $+!nkp*+ Sarge

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 04/16/2015 21:53:24
Go to Top of Page

Ben - FL
Admiral

Members Avatar

880 Posts

Response Posted - 09/16/2015 :  08:32:25  Show Profile  Visit Ben - FL's Homepage
Realizing this is an old thread: I trailered Chick-a-pea down to Homestead, FL in 2003 with my two brothers where we met up with 13 other boats from the Trailer Sailor BB and went to the Bimini Islands. So it is possible for sailors to get together. Sloop "Just Right" trailered all the way from CA! Now that I am back home from doing the road warrior work for awhile I'd be interested. Still have Chick-a-pea on her trailer until I get some repairs and maintenance finished.

Safe voyages,
Ben
sloop Chick-a-pea,
C250wk#364
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page