Catalina - Capri - 25s International Assocaition Logo(2006)  
Assn Members Area · Join
Association Forum
Association Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Forum Users | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Catalina/Capri 25/250 Sailor's Forums
 General Sailing Forum
 End of the Month and Hurricane Season
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

britinusa
Web Editor

Member Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Initially Posted - 10/31/2014 :  15:19:45  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Searching the Member's Images for Fall Pics, I found these.

<center>
<b>Colors of Fall</b>
Dead calm winds gave me time to snap some shoreline pictures of the leaves.</center>

<center>
<b>Chatterbox Falls Princess Louisa Inlet</b>
</center>

<center>
<b>Cockpit Fall Foliage Tour</b>
Lake has dropped all it`ll drop now rising again, and leaves are falling.</center>

Enjoy.

Paul

Edited by - on

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 10/31/2014 :  19:01:20  Show Profile
I'm working in Miami these days and I'm really missing the Fall. It's a special time of year that we here in the temperate zone never fully appreciate until we don't have it... Thankfully I get a sample each weekend. I hear, however, chilly weather is heading south this weekend.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Stinkpotter
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

Djibouti
9013 Posts

Response Posted - 10/31/2014 :  19:38:01  Show Profile
Bruce, you won't miss our weather Saturday! ...and there might be no leaves left when it's over! (...except on your lawn.)

Edited by - Stinkpotter on 10/31/2014 19:39:54
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 11/01/2014 :  12:40:12  Show Profile
It's chilly and raw up and down the east coast. CT is wet too. I stopped in to see Passage at the boat yard and chatted with the yardman. He's convinced that winter will come swiftly and hard this year. I'd better get my 1" tubing and cockpit tarp installed before Thanksgiving.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 11/01/2014 :  12:45:43  Show Profile
quote:
I'm working in Miami these days and I'm really missing the Fall.

Bruce, IMO you didn't miss much sailing wize, I got out 2 days in all of October, The wind was either 30+ or 0. The boat gets pulled sometime next week but I still got 881nm clocked on my gps odometer for the season.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 11/01/2014 :  13:14:00  Show Profile
Agreed Scott - however last Saturday's transit saw awesome conditions for Cathy and I. We got out of the harbor around 10 AM with a bridge opening at 1:00, so we sailed for two and a half hours in 10-15s with crystal clear sunny skies (I've got pix).
Up river winds lessened providing for a wonderfully warm fall afternoon. So I guess by commuting I'm getting the best of both worlds - the hardy crisp Puritan fall weather and the steamy Latino never-ending summer! I've gotta count myself lucky as hell!

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

islander
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
3992 Posts

Response Posted - 11/01/2014 :  15:49:12  Show Profile
Yep last Saturday was one of the 2 days and was a perfect day. We sailed from 11am till the sun went down. For the last sail of the year I couldn't have asked for better. Now what about the steamy Latino's?

Edited by - islander on 11/01/2014 15:50:54
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 11/01/2014 :  18:01:19  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Bruce, upload the pics!

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

bigelowp
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
1736 Posts

Response Posted - 11/15/2014 :  15:37:16  Show Profile
Limerick is safe and sound under her cover ready for whatever -- but -- was supposed to look at a boat in Maine this week but was told I'd have to shovel my way to see her, Bruce, enjoy Miami and be thankful you are their in fall/winter! -- and

Surprising that the hurricane season was so light in the Eastern/Southern US -- not so in the Pacific

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Voyager
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
5231 Posts

Response Posted - 11/15/2014 :  21:25:40  Show Profile
Paul,
Photos are uploaded and published. A little tricky using my iPad

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

britinusa
Web Editor

Members Avatar

USA
5404 Posts

Response Posted - 11/16/2014 :  05:42:34  Show Profile  Visit britinusa's Homepage
Glad that I asked!

Here's Gerry's Album:
[url="https://www.catalina-capri-25s.net/cgi-local/MBR_gallery.cgi?Album+2073+205"][/url]

And here's Bruce's Album:
[url="https://www.catalina-capri-25s.net/cgi-local/MBR_gallery.cgi?Album+2155+206"][/url]

Bruce, use the Rotate Image option to fix those two images
Login to the members area &gt; Manage My Images &gt; Edit the Image &gt; Click on the appropriate rotation opton &gt; Save and that will fix them. No need to make any changes in the Album.

Great Pics!

Paul

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

dmpilc
Master Marine Consultant

Members Avatar

USA
4593 Posts

Response Posted - 11/16/2014 :  09:24:32  Show Profile
The last 3 nights saw temps in the low-mid 20's. Raining right now (Sunday morning). The admiral is 2 1/2 weeks into recovery from hip replacement surgery (the other hip this time) and we are now home recovering from our granddaughter's 3rd birthday party yesterday.
It was tiring, but a lot of fun, a princess theme, a la "Frozen"! We made a castle out of cardboard, mom and dad dressed up in king and queen costumes. We made swords out of cardboard, two cutouts taped together with a paint stirrer sandwiched inside for stiffness, all wrapped in aluminum foil, to "kill" a dragon pinata. And of course, ice cream and cake. The admiral decorated the cake.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

shnool
Former Capri-25 Tech Editor

Members Avatar

USA
1032 Posts

Response Posted - 11/16/2014 :  18:20:18  Show Profile  Visit shnool's Homepage
Ha 2 of those images were mine.. that was a pretty Fall day (no wind).
This was from this year.. note higher combing, different boat.

This is my crew hauling his boat out..

and the weather turned.. winds died.

Edited by - shnool on 11/16/2014 18:23:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Association Forum © since 1999 Catalina Capri 25s International Association Go To Top Of Page